CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forge World Brass Etchings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Forge World Brass Etchings Empty
PostSubject: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:06 am

Was curious if anyone has used them before and if they are trimmable. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

Don't know if you've gotten the basing kits that GW puts out for 40k and WFB, but they have brass etchings in them for basing, and yes, as long as you have some snips, you can trim them pretty easily. If you want to test out some before you buy some from Forgeworld, Kendall has some of the basing kits... well, he did the last time I went in.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 am

not for basing. It's the wolf etchings. I ordered 2 to put on my stuff. Some of it has som non needed sections and want to trim around them.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/bretchsw.htm
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 am

Oh, I know what you meant CJ Wink I was just saying if you wanted some practice trying to trim them, there are brass etchings in the basing kits that you could use to figure out the best way of trimming them is all. I've done some trimming on mine, but I used a small pair of scissors to cut them. They are thick enough to be sturdy, but thin enough to not be very tough to cut, at least for the ones in the basing kit, that is, and I think they use the same process to make both.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 am

Sweet....thanks for the heads up. I think they will look great on certain pieces of my army. And No I'm still not coughin up my list or what I have fielding....not yet.....few more weeks I should be done and playtesting. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forge World Brass Etchings   Forge World Brass Etchings Empty

Back to top Go down

Forge World Brass Etchings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: