CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angels/ Space Wolves

Go down 
+4
FrostWolf
Mike Leon
CJ
thorgrim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

Blood Angels/ Space Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 pm

With the arrival of the new Blood Angels codex just around the corner, I figured this would be a good time to ask the following question.

Which army is better at hand-to-hand combat (fluff and gameplay), BA or SW?

I know that BA can have assault marines as troops, but I've heard that both armies do well when you want to get in your opponent's face and smack it around a bit. I'm not really looking to start a new army at the moment, but thought that this question might be an interesting topic for debate.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

SPACE WOLVES BABY!!!!!

One word......Ragnar

Stick him in with 15 Blood Claws in a LRC and can you say.....BAD ASS?

Just ask Chad. I really think Chad deep down hates the guy.

OH and also reading the first Space Wolf Ombious. All about Ragnar.....Awesome.....purley Ausome.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:08 pm

The death company is the strongest close combat unit in all of 40k. They have FNP and Furious Charge and with a chaplain they reroll everything on the charge (hits and wounds). They can also have any type of gear you want to give them. They will eat anything for breakfast.

Mephiston could single handedly kill Ragnar and 15 Blood Claws. He might take 2 wounds on a bad day. This is assuming they charged him also. He makes the Nightbringer look like a little girl.

If you want to go unit for unit, the Blood Angels have the nastier close combat death stars.

If we're talking just about troops in general it's hard to say. Space Wolves have counter attack and Blood Angels have furious charge. It all depends on maneuvering.

If you want to make decisions based on the fluff it just depends what codex you're reading. Every codex says that army is the most badass there is. Even the Grey Knight codex says the Grey Knights are the most badass space marines. That is not the case.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
He makes the Nightbringer look like a little girl.

the he11..?
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

It's true. Have you seen the codex entry?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

alright time to argue go me

1. whole army vs army im gonna go with space wolves they have more options for close combat that will do better( the 4 legged wolves, blood claws and thunder wolves.....)

2. yes the blood angels win when considering a single unit or single model
( yes I agree the stats on Mephiston are evil)
3. fluff wise space wolves win, followed by grey knights(think storm bolters in close combat is evil) then blood angels then everyone else. this is not based off who is better parts of the codex but the books mainly plus the acuatly parts of the codex were it talks about battles and such.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Fluff: Space Wolves

Gameplay: Blood Angels ALL THE WAY!!! I managed to read the new codex and they are BROKEN, Death company are now 20pts a model and they're troops, and the Ball predator is now Fast Attack and it has scout
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Yeah, you obviously didn't read it well enough. They're not broken. Death Co are going to be very good, but they can't claim objectives. Additionally, if you want to give them packs, they're 35 points a model. That's not cheap.

And the entire Rhino chassis for the BA are fast. Fast, but not broken. Just because you took a few cursory glances at the codex doesn't mean it's broken.
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm

No i was saying with the new codex there are some really broken tactics you can use to make a sick army. And i didnt just glance, i have the codex
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

Am I the only person who thinks Baal predators are highly overrated?
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:55 pm

nope i definitely agree with you about the baals
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks Baal predators are highly overrated?

Really?
Fast AV13 Scout tanks that take up a Fast Attack slot.. yes please

DC are crap though..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels/ Space Wolves   Blood Angels/ Space Wolves Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels/ Space Wolves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum