CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newport Games: Check it out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Newport Games: Check it out Empty
PostSubject: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:07 pm

I stopped by Newport Games at my lunch break today.

The store has been open since February.

Store was clean and the stock was well presented. The owner friendly and has several painted figs around the store.

There was a large amount of Warhammer, WH40K and LOTR in stock. As well as GW and Pegasus Terrain kits. Full boat of GW paints and hobby items. Lots of armies were represented but no GW blisters...yet.

There were a lot of historicals from Corvus Belli, Warlord and Fields of Glory. I really like the CB 15mm and it might get me into a historical army. Otherwise I'd do the Kelts from Warlord ($100 for a large army).

Off brand stuff included Tales of War (love this line), uncharted seas and several WWII lines.

If you like board games, they have them.

Looks like play space could accomodate 2 4x6 tables going at one time. Hours are 11-7 but if it is 6:45p and the store is slow...don't expect to pull up and see the doors open. You'll need to bring a box of terrain but the owner is working on some now.

The store is located in Downtown Latonia area. Right off the main drag. Good parking and easy to find. I was able to get there from downtown in 15min out and 15 min back driving the back roads. If you are in NKY most likely going around 275 and heading North off the exit will be your best bet.

Regards,
John
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 am

gonna have to check it out!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Now that I'm moving to Corryville this will be the closest game shop.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
Clifton Comics and Games doesnt count? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:32 pm

The Madman wrote:
Mike Leon wrote:
Clifton Comics and Games doesnt count? scratch

I don't count it. They will order for you but they don't keep the 40k gamer needs in stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport Games: Check it out   Newport Games: Check it out Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport Games: Check it out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: