CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Apoc Book Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

New Apoc Book Discussion Empty
PostSubject: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm

i picked up a book today at sci-fi city. i'v look through it for about an hour or so. the warlord look awsome. i think the game would be really fun if we all had $500 to blow on titans and stuff from forgeworld. i will definitely be fielding a tau rapid insertion force. i may even try to get a hold of a barracuda. it loks like the best fighter in the game.

i just have some starters here. it would be cool it we could start a discussion about it. tell me what you think...
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 2:11 pm

After sitting on the book for a month or so, I think conversions are the way to go.

My Apocalypse board is about 50% complete, with the other part on the way. Once school is out I plan on finishing right away and then getting a game together... complete with fluff introduction and all.

Oh, and I want a thunderhawk so bad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 4:09 pm

let me clarify... i wanted to know what you thought about the units and the rules and the models and such. not if we should start a discussion or not. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 5:50 pm

Hmm. I like them, I think they are all in good fun. Easily broken, so you need to make sure you are playing with people that are mature etc.

Only problem is, Apocalypse will never work as intended with pick up games. In order to be pulled off effectively you really do need to plan a ton in advance.

I also think that the less over the top the better. Just because we can bring all these massive toys doesn't mean we have to. It should be reigned in before it gets out of hand quickly when setting up a game.

A good knowledge of the background material also goes a long way when getting an Apocalypse game going. For example, just throwing any old team together isn't very effective, you are robbing yourself and the other players of having a really good time with apocalypse. Having good reasons for the armies to be teaming together will go a long way in creating a cool story for you game. It helps for the water cooler moments that an Apocalypse game will no doubt generate.

So having Tau fight alongside Tyranids just because that is what the players brought along is a bad idea, unless you are just going for mindless games (in which case, I don't think Apocalypse will resonate with you anyway).

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Decent rules set. I've gotten in a few games already, all of which were over 5K pts. And in the 3 or 4 games I've played, no one has really brought in big toys. It has all been mostly troops and tanks. And somehow with the other group you're able to pull off pick up Apocalypse games.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:59 pm

I'm sure they are awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Nathan wrote:
I've gotten in a few games already, all of which were over 5K pts.

Shocked

Where were the invites for these my man?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:57 pm

I had one and no one ever showed up so it was left to me and nathan to fight it out one on one useing apoc rules was fun but he know the rules better and used that to his advantage....also found out my tau only have half their points usable in apoc
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Why couldn't you use half your Tau Bruce?

Oh, and Marc... you really want to play in games with the old Saturday group?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Embarassed

I missed that bit.. spot on!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 2:49 pm

well I only use fire warrios becouase I have to I dont have enough shiled drones to take tanks and crisis suits(not even enough for all my crisis suits) thats why only half(about 2000 points worth) can be used in a apoc game
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Matt wrote:
You really want to play in games with the old Saturday group?

yeah, i never liked that group. when my dad and i found out about you guys, it was awsome. but then no one showed up except matt occasionlly.

anyways... yeah apoc dosn't need large stuuf to be fun, but it would be cool to control a super unit.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:58 pm

haveing a baneblade or something along those lines would be great but you do not need to use one to make a apoc game to be fun, but it can add to the fun, or ruin it if there are to many
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 4:30 pm

It really does ruin it if people go over the top on "apocalypse only" items.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 4:32 pm

that's true
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Apoc Book Discussion   New Apoc Book Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

New Apoc Book Discussion
Page 1 of 1