CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850 Mobile Suit Tau

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

1850 Mobile Suit Tau Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Mobile Suit Tau   1850 Mobile Suit Tau EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Just for kicks to play on Vassal. Let me know what you think. I always liked the idea of a full suit army.

HQ: Shas'o R'myr (IA) (7#, 434 pts)
Independant Character; Deep Strike; Acute Senses; Double Barrelled Plasma Rifle: 24" Range; S6; AP2; Assault 2; Ejection System; Flechette Discharger; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Generator; Crisis Bodyguard; Shield Drone; Shield Drone
Crisis Bodyguard 2 - Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Troops: Fire Warrior (9#, 195 pts) x2
Firewarriors -5 Pulse Rilfe
Add Shas'ui
Devilfish 1
Shas'ui 1 Markerlight; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Shield Drone; Shield Drone

Elite: Crisis Shas'vre X3
Team Leader; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Twin Linked Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
Crisis Battlesuit #2 - Fusion Blaster; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Heavy Support: Broadside Shas'vre
Team Leader; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Targeting Array
Broadside Battlesuit #2 -Targeting Array
Total Cost: 1846
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

1850 Mobile Suit Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Mobile Suit Tau   1850 Mobile Suit Tau EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm

First, be aware that I am unfamiliar with Vassal. But...

How are your fish kitted out? I like warfish, but at least give them a disruption pod.

You may want to allocate shield drones to the broadsides, as a lot of firepower is going to come their way. And I would trade the multi-tracker for a target lock. Saturating multiple targets with railgun fire is a beautiful thing.

The only thing i don't like are the marker light fire warriors. This is just personal preference, but I find them too static in an army that needs to be mobile. (Stealth suits would better fit the theme of this army even though I wouldn't recommend them.)

The Broadsides are an exception because I like to set traps with them. Just be aware that in dawn of war missions, your Broadsides will lose a valuable turn of shooting with out the A.S.S.

Ultimately, though, I say play it. You'll find out quickly where your problems lie.
Back to top Go down

1850 Mobile Suit Tau
Page 1 of 1