A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

1850 Mobile Suit Tau

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: 1850 Mobile Suit Tau   Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Just for kicks to play on Vassal. Let me know what you think. I always liked the idea of a full suit army.

HQ: Shas'o R'myr (IA) (7#, 434 pts)
Independant Character; Deep Strike; Acute Senses; Double Barrelled Plasma Rifle: 24" Range; S6; AP2; Assault 2; Ejection System; Flechette Discharger; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Generator; Crisis Bodyguard; Shield Drone; Shield Drone
Crisis Bodyguard 2 - Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Troops: Fire Warrior (9#, 195 pts) x2
Firewarriors -5 Pulse Rilfe
Add Shas'ui
Devilfish 1
Shas'ui 1 Markerlight; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Shield Drone; Shield Drone

Elite: Crisis Shas'vre X3
Team Leader; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Hard-wired Target Lock; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Twin Linked Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array
Crisis Battlesuit #2 - Fusion Blaster; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Heavy Support: Broadside Shas'vre
Team Leader; Bonding Knife; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Targeting Array
Broadside Battlesuit #2 -Targeting Array
Total Cost: 1846
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord of Change
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Mobile Suit Tau   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm

First, be aware that I am unfamiliar with Vassal. But...

How are your fish kitted out? I like warfish, but at least give them a disruption pod.

You may want to allocate shield drones to the broadsides, as a lot of firepower is going to come their way. And I would trade the multi-tracker for a target lock. Saturating multiple targets with railgun fire is a beautiful thing.

The only thing i don't like are the marker light fire warriors. This is just personal preference, but I find them too static in an army that needs to be mobile. (Stealth suits would better fit the theme of this army even though I wouldn't recommend them.)

The Broadsides are an exception because I like to set traps with them. Just be aware that in dawn of war missions, your Broadsides will lose a valuable turn of shooting with out the A.S.S.

Ultimately, though, I say play it. You'll find out quickly where your problems lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

1850 Mobile Suit Tau
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1