CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Orcs really evil?

Go down 
+3
Makari
Warmonger
NewportGames
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

Are Orcs really evil? Empty
PostSubject: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I was reading the Orc 40K Codex last night and found the Orc's to be a rather likable bunch who follow the mantra Might is Right. While they have a affinity for a good fight or racing cars, hint (redneck bar bashing on NASCAR night), I found nothing inherently evil about the Orc's. They will fight Chaos Daemons and Man alike. All things being equal I think they would prefer fighting Chaos Daemons instead of man. Man just happens to be closer so it is easier sport.

They do like to kill and they do it for sport which in itself is evil. But is that any worse than the Imperium planning on wiping out the Tau home planet so they can repopulate it. If there hadn't been a little thing called a Warp Storm getting in the way Tau would be home to humans.

I found them no more evil than the men who surround them. Since Orc's write no history and man does it is no wonder they have gotten such a bad rap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nky-photos.com
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 am

I don't think Orks are inherently evil. They were created by the Old Ones to fight against the C-tan and thier Necron forces. Now the C-tan are evil which would suggest that the Orks are not. They are what they are and that is strictly a warring race. They don't care who they fight, they just need to fight something it's in their genes. Smile I think they have to fight in order to survive as a race.
Back to top Go down
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:57 pm

I agree. The humans should plant an unstable Psyker on their planets to draw in Daemons to keep them happy. Since neither side can compromise and loves nothing better than to kill it is a match made in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

The Orks are getting their match made in heaven... It's called tyranids.

But something tells me the Orks will outlast all of the races unless the tyranids can adapt fast enough or figure out the ork mentality of war to be able to combat them properly as there isn't much strategy with orks and what they have is sporadic at best. Also I beleive orks reproduce/repopulate faster than anyone including tyranids.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Yep, if I was an Orc I would give those Tyranid's a taste of used Fungal Beer before I got out my choppa and took off a claw or two.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:24 am

Warmonger wrote:
They are what they are and that is strictly a warring race. They don't care who they fight, they just need to fight something it's in their genes. Smile I think they have to fight in order to survive as a race.

I think you just described the Demons. Just doing what they do.
Back to top Go down
Kurashiki
Neophyte
Kurashiki

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't think Orks really qualify as evil, because fighting is in their nature. In the fluff it's even pointed out that fighting is a physical need for Orks just like food and air is to humans. (i.e. Orks that don't have regular fights atrophy very rapidly) You don't condemn a lion for eating a gazelle because it's in the lion's nature to eat the gazelle. So you really can't condemn the Orks for doing what is in their genetic code (somewhat literally).
I'd say Orks are pretty much true-neutral in terms of alignment, simply because they don't contemplate morality the same way humans do.
Back to top Go down
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:27 pm

The real question is IF orks are not evil, why isn't there a Chaos Space Ork book yet?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Just because one is not Evil, does not make one good.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 pm

but still... why not corrupt the fungus?
Back to top Go down
dynamicspartan
Neophyte
dynamicspartan

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Maybe this quote will help:

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

Not to call orks stupid as they all are technically psyker by fluff. But orks aren't... shall I say advanced? To really be corrupted.

Just my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Orcs really evil?   Are Orcs really evil? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Orcs really evil?
Page 1 of 1