CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?

Go down 
+7
Rogue4525
Matt
Lord of Change
Bojesphob
Hacksaw
wittdooley
CJ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 am

So what faction is veryone playing and how different are the rule styles? Was thinking that after the CAG tourny, getting back into this since

1. Plastic Model kits....hello...
2. New Rules
3. Elves??? Interesting.....and they look cool too! Too bad there's no Batle Box for them yet....nor cards.
4. Everyone else is doing it.....I'm a band wagon jumping on kinda guy...lol
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 am

CJ--The "elves" contain all the cards from the new rules.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

I have enough of each to play small point games with Khador, Rhulic Mercs, and Skorne
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

I have a decent beginning to a Circle of Orboros army, about 25 points (with the new point system) and am wanting to eventually get a Khador or Cygnar army sometime soon. Depends on if I can find a good auction on ebay for one of them at a good price. I've only got a partial game in (was using Keith's Trollbloods), but found myself enjoying the fairly easy rules, and I love that damage and all of the stats/rules for a unit/character are on the cards!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah, looking at Retribution. I like the models. And the Jacks seem pretty tight. Like the idea of magic Hunting Elves and Jacks that run soley on magig. The new MKII Rulese make the game harder or better?
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I play Legion of Everblight. We gots blighted elves.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:10 pm

those horde?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:43 pm

The Mk2 rules made some pretty significant streamlining but didn't really change the over all feel that much. It's loads of fun!

I will warn, it's a punishing game for beginners. You really have to learn the enemies forces. Elves actually have a harder time than most armies because they struggle slightly against Hordes forces. Not the best beginner force, but I'd say go for it if the models appeal to you... You really can't go wrong with choices form their book, you'll just have to learn how things work together.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah...I'm just glad no one is forcing me to go TrollBloods like first time...now....it was very very tempting....pain my fave a scaley blue and I'd look like one. I first got a Cygnar Army....they seemed pretty cool.....But Elves....egh.....they are calling me....
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 am

CJ wrote:
those horde?

Yes. I chose them based solely on the art of the battlebox. The beasts looked like walking sharks. I later learned that they are all being tainted by and becoming more like their master, the dragon Everblight. I will still paint them like sharks, though. I wish I could model worth a crap.

Come up to Yottaquest some Wednesday evening. The local PressGanger has Retribution. And there are several new players all trying to learn. (me included)
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:06 am

BrianL wrote:

Come up to Yottaquest some Wednesday evening. The local PressGanger has Retribution. And there are several new players all trying to learn. (me included)

This.

We have a great group of players who meet every Wednesday at Yottaquest in Mt. healthy, Oh.

We are now getting some leagues up and running pretty regularly (our last had 16 participants!), and we have a tournament every other month. We're always looking for new folks to stop by, so come on down!

Right now we DO have a good number of people just starting out, so it's a great atmosphere for you all to start out Smile.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 am

Rogue4525 wrote:
BrianL wrote:

This.

We have a great group of players who meet every Wednesday at Yottaquest in Mt. healthy, Oh.

We are now getting some leagues up and running pretty regularly (our last had 16 participants!), and we have a tournament every other month. We're always looking for new folks to stop by, so come on down!

Right now we DO have a good number of people just starting out, so it's a great atmosphere for you all to start out Smile.

Sounds fun but unfourtunatly I'm only a weekend warrior. Saturday mornings for now until after Memorial day. Then I can game til 430!!! Can't wait. No if anyone can meet up for some lessons would be great?

What's the current point base you guys using? I heard some different builds from 15-50
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 pm

CJ wrote:

Sounds fun but unfourtunatly I'm only a weekend warrior. Saturday mornings for now until after Memorial day. Then I can game til 430!!!

Are you sure Leslie signed off on this?
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:31 pm

wittdooley wrote:
CJ wrote:

Sounds fun but unfourtunatly I'm only a weekend warrior. Saturday mornings for now until after Memorial day. Then I can game til 430!!!

Are you sure Leslie signed off on this?

Are you going to tell her? LOL
Back to top Go down
Korrova
Neophyte
Korrova

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

I had read that 35 points is a good introductory level, as you don't have so much to be overwhelmed, but that all the different forces were decently balanced. Apparently at levels lower than this some of the "caster kill" play styles are a bit overpowered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

We tend to play 35-50, but getting started it's usually a good bet to stay at 15/25/35.

If you can only play on Sundays there is a great group of guys at Krystal Keep in Kettering, I think that store opens around 12. I get out some Sundays at YQ, but it's not a regular thing for me.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:09 pm

No it was Saturday mornings. And Krystal is way too far of a drive. I'm on the Westside. Westwood/Chiviot area.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:56 pm

15 is a good starter point. Either a battlebox game (which is 13-15 points ish) or a game with a caster/unit/jack should put you at about 15 points.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Matt wrote:
15 is a good starter point. Either a battlebox game (which is 13-15 points ish) or a game with a caster/unit/jack should put you at about 15 points.

Yeah got on Privateer's forums and found what their equivilant to a battle box was and will build on that when the time comes. I can't wait to read more about them. I found some great sights for Warmachine and really getting excited about getting back in.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

So far Khador and Skorne. Give me a month or two and ask again LOL
Back to top Go down
ottocannon
Neophyte
ottocannon

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Circle of Orboros 25 pionts and growing.
Back to top Go down
http://eastsidegamesncards.webs.com
Guru
Neophyte
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:16 am

Khador - Umm lots lol don't have exact points count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?   Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes - What are you playing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warmachine/Hordes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: