A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How do withclbades work against a Monolith

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
static
Neophyte

PostSubject: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 4:23 pm

The title says it all. I can't find a general consensus on this issue and am interested in how the CAG bash will rule on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 5:23 pm

static wrote:
The title says it all. I can't find a general consensus on this issue and am interested in how the CAG bash will rule on this.

please quote wb special rules.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Of Course pull a question from the 2 codices I don't have, Please help me out here and give me the exact wording for the witchblade and Monolith and then restate your question so i know what your question is so I can answer it with a definitive answer.

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm

They are strength 9 against the monolith.

Is this actually being debated somewhere? When I looked it up the rules were expressly clear. I don't see how it could even be an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
static
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/240/292423.page#1566721

Thats an example of one of the debate threads. When I google witchblade and either monolith or living metal it brings up multiple different threads with back and forth arguments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Rulebook is in the truck and not going to get it at this second (will edit this later if need be), but in short the Witchblades triples the strength of the wielder.

EDIT:

Living Metal - Key points in this rule are:
#1 Weapons that count the target's Armor Value as being less than it really is.
#2 Weapons that get additional Armor Penetration dice.

The Witchblade does neither of these so in summery YES, you will be Str9+d6

I think some of the retards on Dakka make things harder than they are. Don't get me wrong love the some of the discussions there but really there should be a "Forums Commissar". You ask a retarded question and he comes to your house and executes you.

Matt or Sean, can I be the CAG "Forum Commissar" ? Just change my title from Vassal Moderator to that.

40K Stats: ...is dead to me Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Chad (Black Parade) wrote:
Don't get me wrong love the some of the discussions there but really there should be a "Forums Commissar". You ask a retarded question and he comes to your house and executes you.

Matt or Sean, can I be the CAG "Forum Commissar" ? Just change my title from Vassal Moderator to that.

This made my day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 pm

I see now.

It appears there is a stealth reprint of the Necron codex which uses wording that may imply a wychblade would not work. The GW FAQ says powerfists work, and as far as I'm concerned that means wychblades work too.

Also, changing the rules in a stealth reprint is not kosher at all in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whowritesthisstuff.net/

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Tue May 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
I see now.

It appears there is a stealth reprint of the Necron codex which uses wording that may imply a wychblade would not work. The GW FAQ says powerfists work, and as far as I'm concerned that means wychblades work too.

My stealth reprint...says I win...period. afro

Agree. Wychblade will work.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Wed May 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
I see now.

Stealth reprint as in the chapter approved FAQ? Or something else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do withclbades work against a Monolith   Today at 5:10 am

Back to top Go down

How do withclbades work against a Monolith
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1