CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
static
Neophyte

Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat   Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:25 am

So I asked this question in another forum and well I can't get a straight answer.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=200835.0

That is my initial post with multiple questions, but a new topic was made to solely argue about how wounds taken by a vehicle explosion effects combat resolution.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=200933.0

The first link explains more what I am asking but the confusing part is in the 2nd link. Essentially if I finish one close combat and then move on to another with a vehicle and cause it to explode and the explosion wounds models from the already resolved combat and a combat that has yet to be resolved what happens? Is the initial combat re-resolved due to a change in wounds and are do these wounds count in the resolution of the yet to be finished combat?

Sorry kinda confusing
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat   Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:47 am

No the wounds from the vehicle exploding are not wounds caused by the assault. This is a seperate event that happens outside of the normal rules and restrictions. As it is not intended this way the tank exploding would only cause wounds but not add to the final combat resolution.

If the combat was already resolved then that it is it. You do not make seperate checks unless specified and as the combat has already been completed there is nothing further either side can do until the following turn.

As for upcoming assaults its not wounds sustained during the launched assualt. While the wounds are happening inside the assault phase they are not part of the resolution. It is one of those out of the ordinary circumstances that while yes it is happening during that phase it does not affect how well either side is doing in hand to hand combat.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat   Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:43 am

Inat Ruling...although is sometimes not recognized based on what forum you visit, its the 40K Bible for the CAG Tournament.

RB.61K.04 – Q: In a combat involving opposing non-vehicle units AND a vehicle, what happens if that vehicle „explodes‟ during combat? Do wounds caused by the explosion count towards combat resolution?

A: Yes, all unsaved wounds caused by an explosion originating in the same combat do count as wounds inflicted in that combat [clarification].
Ref: TYR.49C.02

Think that is what you were asking if not let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
static
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat   Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:44 am

Thank you yes. I had never looked at the INAT faq until just yesterday. Its a great help to many different questions I had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat   Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicles Exploding in a multi-combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: