CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*

Go down 
+2
Mike Leon
Lobster Mek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* Empty
PostSubject: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Ok this is the heads up and I know sounds like meta. but the fact is I have yet to face a tau player, this league thing is coming up and hes good, no named figures allowed. 1750, and I have no idea how the tau works so no good when building a army fit for them, plus marines and tyranids. So basic brake down is possible list below, Im stuck with Big mek hq, so Im wondering about speed and forced no armor rolls.

Quote :
New List 1749/1750
Hq
Big mek
PK, Attack squig, Cybork Body, Warbike

Warboss
pk, Shoota/skorcha "backup" Atk Squig, Cybork body, Warbike

Elite
15x Loota

10x Nobz
pk Evy armor
Truck
Red, Grot

10x Nobz
PK-Warbike

Troops
10x Mega Nobz
BW Red-Grot-4bS, Kannon

11xBoys
1xnob pk armor
Truck Red, Grot

Fast
7x Buzz, Bigboom

just thinking of a mass boom shot a few with a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaagg so turn 2 should be a kick off with mass death. "should"

Seems suicidal but worst I can lose in this league is the extra wound i gave my mek Any Advice to play ork vs tau or what I should expect, please comment will be changing army up when tested and remember no named people allowed affraid Sad

Last edited by Lobster Mek on Thu May 27, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

What league is this? Where?

You can trash any Tau army with a bunch of 2+ or invulnerable saves that move fast (read: mega nobz in transports or biker nobz). I would just spam those. Your priority is to get across the board. Assume you will lose every vehicle, but if they take your guys 19" then they did their job.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:22 am

thanks, and its a escalation league at http://www.armourygames.com/
Back to top Go down
ShasOElanRo
Neophyte

PostSubject: Thanks for the tip   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:48 am

Now I know which Orks to target with my rail gun first! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:35 am

I hope you have ten railguns. That way you can kill a whole five biker nobz before they get to you.
Back to top Go down
ShasOElanRo
Neophyte

PostSubject: Almost   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Well, I have 9 of them so far - 3 broadsides (with 2 shield drones) and 2 hammerheads, and lets see...

HQ w/ full bodyguard team = 3 suits
3x burst cannon
3x plasma cannon
2x flamers
1 fusion blaster
3x multi tracker

Crisis suit team = another 3 suits
3x burst cannon
3x plasma cannon
3x multi tracker

Stealth team = 3 more suits
3x burst cannon
3x markerlights (2 are drones)

I think I can handle a few orks or marines for that matter (I had marines in mind when I made this list, and this is not the full list)
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:51 pm

1 word, SNIKROT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

lol 1 word? mean name.. also no name's allowed, ok heres a heads in a new direction for not this saturday but next and I'm going down this sat maybe if the puppies let me to test it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Good one. I forgot about Snikrot. He's a Tau killing machine.

As a Tau player against orks, or any shooting army for that matter, you have to think about volume rather than power. Orks have a lot of invulnerable and cover saves with KFF and dust clouds and cybork bodies and whatnot. It makes something like a railgun pretty useless and something like a flamer or burst cannon more sensible.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm

The problem right now with Tau, is that they need screening units of Kroot and Piranhas to intercept assaulters and block lanes of advance. The Kroot will die quick enough, then you can shoot the assaulters. Piranhas are nasty, but in big games can be ignored until later. So much needs to be invested in keeping the enemy off you, that is is really difficult to set the tone of the game. You end up reacting, rather than them having to react to you.
Back to top Go down
ShasOElanRo
Neophyte

PostSubject: Kroot?   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm

I have read posts on various forums by people who swear that the Kroot are all but useless for any thing but a points sink. Sure they have a gun (pea shooter) that counts as a close combat weapon, but all but the Shaper has 0 armor save, so they'll likely be gone by the time any enemy unit gets close enough (to where they used to be) to assault them!

I don't really like the idea of spending a bunch of points with little chance of getting a "return on my investment". If something that cost me 100 pts took out 100+ points of the enemy's forces before getting killed, then I got my points worth (I almost put "money's worth" Razz)
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:10 pm

I think Piranhas are useful. But Kroot are just a point sink for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:34 am

Piranhas are very good, but only in squadrons. That will eat up a lot of points. Target array, Fusion Blaster, and Disruption pod bring the cost up to 75. 85 if you want Flachette Dischargers. Plus they compete for slots with Pathfinders.
Back to top Go down
csloan
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:03 pm

im a tau player and i'll tell you a good anti-tau thing. power swords, poewrkales, ork burnas, or some equivalent and a fast transport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*   Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list* Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a good strag for anti tau *updated list*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: