A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Most common points for an army?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShasOElanRo
Neophyte

PostSubject: Most common points for an army?   Thu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I could not think of where else to put this. My question is this: What are the most common points values for an army list? I know 1750 is common and to a lesser degree, 1850. Are there any other values I should have army lists for?

My main goal is to have a core army that appears in every list regardless of points values (HQ and 2 troops, for instance), and pre-made lists for the most common points values.

My objective is to not have to rewrite my entire army list because I encounter some funky points value I have never done before.

Also, while I'm at it, I know that the army list should be less than or equal to the stated points value, however, how far away from the stated points value could my army list be and still be considered that value? (If I could only manage to get my army to 1739, would it still be considered a 1750 army?) No matter how I try, I can't make an army EXACTLY 1750 without adding a whole bunch of junk I'll likely never use (IE. grenades for Fire Warriors - only useful in assault... if they are in such a bad situation that they get assaulted, you might as well kiss them goodbye anyway).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Most common points for an army?   Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Tournaments since beginning of year: (Not counting CAG primers)
CAG Tourny - 1850
'Ard Boyz -2500
CincyCon - 2250
Adepticon Team - 4x 1000pts
Adepticon Championship - 1850

Known Upcoming Tournaments:
Hobbytown USA - 1000 pts
Cincinnati Arsenal Fall Classic - 1500 (this is not set in stone by any such manner, just rumor and hear-say)
KK in Dayton, cant remember what points Ian said would be - ?? prob 1850 -2000
Kevin K. (Hellfish) said he was running one also (end of summer/fall)

So as you can see there is no real set points. The way I have my marines set up is a 1250 point base and then blocks of 250 points (except 1500-1850) of changes and fillers based on the points. I used army builder to make 1250, 1500, 1850, 2000 point armies cause they are the most common, and I wont play anything higher than 2000 so I stopped there. There really aren't many 1750s anymore, not sure why but haven't seen one this year yet, at least down this way.

As far as points value go, just as long as you don't go over you are OK. The old standard used to be +/- 5 or 10 points but now special weapons are so cheap you can get one or two for that value and those can really change the game. So I would call someone out if they were over points and just laugh if under by any significant amount. Depending on the army if you get within 10 points of the tournament cap there is nothing to worry about.

40K Stats: ...is dead to me Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
ShasOElanRo
Neophyte

PostSubject: Thanks for the quick reply   Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm

I thought the tourney in Sharonville was 1750... Oh well, I could have read it wrong. So within 10 points is ideal if I can't get the point cap exactly? Okay, I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most common points for an army?   Today at 9:35 am

Back to top Go down

Most common points for an army?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1