CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The morning after pill is green in color

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stinkyninja
Neophyte
Stinkyninja

The morning after pill is green in color Empty
PostSubject: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:55 am

OK-

I started looking for a new Army to build after building a pretty huge blood angel list...

Will be adding bikes to it later...

Here is what I have collected to start my Ork Army
Any input on rounding it off to 1850...

I have 865 points as it stands w/o planned weapon upgrades

1 ork warboss
5 nobs mob 185 points

40 ork boys 260 points

6 warbikes 150 points

3 deffkoptas 135 points

1 trukk 35 points

Its a humble start but would like any and all input on which way to go with this list...

I am thinkin' speed to counter high end tactical Army lists. I started out complainin' about the size of this faction. To in the end building one as opposed to building another Marine Army...

Thanx for reading
...And talk to me all ork players jocolor
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:07 am

I have found with Ork Warbikes 6 is the magic number 5 boyz 1 nob w/ PK and Boss pole.

If you take Wazdakka then your warbike units are Troops choices. If you take a trukk then take at least 2, fill em up with 11 boyz ( I prefer Shootas) 1 Nob PK and BP.

Deff Koptas are cool but take at least 2 units of three. In a mobile list like this take Snikrot to keep your opponent from putting everything far away from you or teach them the lesson by them putting a lot of stuff near the edge and have snikrot take out the most annoying pieces just before he dies.

The Nob Bikers squad I like them a lot and they do their job most of the time but I would rather have more standard bikes for the cost, but if you take the nob squad here is how I have found the most effective.
All have Cybork bodies (You don't need eavy Armor cause the bike gives that already)
1 Painboy
1 Power Klaw
1 Big Choppa
1 Slugga Choppa with Boss Pole
1 Slugga Choppa w/ Waaagh Banner
1 Slugga Choppa

Just a little bit to get started here!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:42 pm

myself personally I would if not using wazdakka use a 10 nob mob > troop choice with bikes pk and cybork, make the boss a cybork squig pk also I find giving the boss a combi is a suprise flamer to make the other player go whaa? then you got a 11 screaming mob already, as for boyz if you are ganna stick with em make 12 into a truck 11 if you take a nob make the trukk red and grot use to repair if needed for terrain, thats your second troop easy, depending on you're play style 1 big shoota is great but personally if I don't include a Dread or battle wagon I make sure 2 - 3 rockets hit the table,

with this set up as 2 troops 1 hq
Boss
pk, cybork, Squig, Bike

Troop
Nobz x10
PK, Cybork, > troop choice

Boyz x11
>Stikky, Rokkit, trukk
>>nobx1
pk, Eavy armor.
>>>Trukk
Red paint, Grot, Rokkit.

points total 1136 pts sounds heavy but its speed, normally I would do this and add a flash gitz or loota squad in, then fit in a looted tank bw or dread
Back to top Go down
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:12 am

I'd agree with the above posts, the nob biker squad can be a great asset to an ork army. Though 10 strong plus a warboss is a bit of overkill in an 1850 army. Aim for 5 and a warboss and you'll have a heavy hitter that still leaves points for the rest of your army. I like to give everyone a PK and mix in 2 or 3 kombi-flamers. The kombi flamers are great for clearing out gaunt screens and getting to the big bugs on a turn 1 charge.
Load up on boys, the orks greatest asset is maxing out on scoring units.
My second favorite unit is tankbustas. stick them in a looted wagon (or leftover trukk) and keep them in a position to knock out enemy transports or MC's (you can actually take out 2 in a single turn if you play it right).
After that, I'd try to take Snikkrot and some kommandos. A lot of guys forget his enemy table edge out flank.
Good luck,
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:18 pm

For a very Effective speed list try this approx.
Wazdakka
Big mek KFF

3x 6 Warbikers w/ Nob PK BP

2x 12 Boyz big Shoota in Squad, Trukk w/ Big Shoota

1 Nob Squad w/ 1PK, 1BC, 1 WB, 1 BP, 1 Painboy, BW as Dedicated Transport see below
2x Battlewagon Ard cased Red, xtra Armor, Deff rolla, Grot Rigger, 1 Big Shootas
2 Looted Wagons with Boomguns NOTHING ELSE

this is about 1850 i don't have my book at the moment may be like 10 points off, if so just drop an upgrade somewhere and keep it in mind as a secret weakness. and cover it good, this list or similiar has served me well. obviously your play style will decide what you will modify.

Orks are awesome and can also be an absolute failure... Orks do best if you do not waste too many points on upgrades, so you can get more numbers in. Rokkits are useless unless you are using tehm in a tankbusta squad because you will hit with some of them. I love taking tankbusta squads if I am designing that kind of list.
If you like bikes, I would suggest starting with this list and slowly add and remove stuff to your liking, if you want to come to milford and play at EGC i leave my Orks at the store on a regular basis and you are welcome to playtest any units before you buy them!

Snikrot should be in any speed list but as with the list above he is not there, because I want you too see the difference with and without, he should be 1 of the first changes you may start with...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Stinkyninja
Neophyte
Stinkyninja

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanx,
This is some great feedback and I will be working off the lists given here...

I like the idea of massive Army fast movement and 2 or more handfuls of dice upon engagement...

It will be a perfect fit for me when switching from my blood angels...
which is set up differently for how I wish to play them. I almost have my BA at apoclypse size now just need a bit more armor and fast attack to round it off... Oh and 2 more drop pods Laughing

For a weekend blow out hopefully depending on finding people who want to run there whole collections in future...

I will slow build this one to that level as well

Very grateful for feedback

Blood Angels 1 win 0 losses
Han Dynasty 16 wins 7 losses
Orks under construction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The morning after pill is green in color   The morning after pill is green in color Empty

Back to top Go down

The morning after pill is green in color
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: