CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Empty
PostSubject: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:51 am

Specially designed for Art of War Gaming & Miniatures, I am making the gaming tables for Pulp City. For now, I am doing a series of four 2' x 3' tables that can all be linked to make (up to) a 4' x 6' table. Each table will have its' own theme, but they will all be in a visually logical progression from board #1 to board #4.

Below are a bunch of pics with a few select comments from me.

TABLE #1: Art of War beach - A day at the shore.

These three show some very early stages of the seashore table. You can see the shoreline, the foam jetty, and the "under construction" mini-boardwalk (South Jersey shore, represent!):

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-01

In this pic, you can see small, white rectangles of plasticard on the rocks. Underneath these are small rare-earth magnets. These are all items that can be thrown about by models.

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-02

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-03

The next three pics show my scratch-built lifeguard boat. I built it using balsawood planks that I soaked in hot water for 24 hours and then shaped around my son's football piggy bank. I built this boat in the same manner as one would if one were building an actual canoe. That is, I built it as a person would that had NO IDEA how to build a canoe...

This canoe has been magnetized for chucking at other superheros.
Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-04

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-05

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-06

Here's a few middle-of-the-project pics. The table has been basecoated, beach flocked, boardwalk stained, lifeguard stand and canoe built and painted.

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-10

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-11

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-12

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-13

*NOTE* We had a game in which one of my guys picked up a Semi and chucked it at my friend. He then picked it up and threw it back at me. It dawned on us that we could just go back and forth all day with this hapless semi. So, we've decided on a house-rule that allocates wounds to throwable objects in the same manner as buildings and, when you throw them, they take damage, too. This is represented by a number in a red and yellow box on every terrain feature that can be thrown on my tables.

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-14

Finished shot (minus the two fences along the sides of the Acme Golf storefront) and a few detail shots. All benches have been magnetized for chucking.

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-20

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-21

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-22

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-23

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Beach-24

Stay tuned for the next installment as our heroes battle it out at Acme Golf! (table #2)

Now that the table is up at the store, I can post more pics in better lighting, if anyone wants any particular details or whatever.

Comments and criticisms welcome.
Thanks for looking!

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:31 am

WOW... That is hot.

Do you take commissions? We need a board for our next Adepticon.
Back to top Go down
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:24 am

I got to see the table(s) in person. These are just ridiculously awesome. Read: now I have to buy pulp city minis and get them painted up before Danny can finish all 4 tables! Razz
Back to top Go down
LOXMYTHIC
Neophyte
LOXMYTHIC

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Man that is truly above and beyond. Excellent looking board.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

very nice board. excellent work!
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Thank you, people. Come on up to Art of War and get a demo on the game. It's very cool and easy to pick up on.

John Gemrich wrote:

Well, John, not exactly. I typically don't like to do things for money as it then becomes a "job" in my mind. I tend to get the pressure of HAVING to do the work and my nature is such that I automatically start to rail against doing it. It feels like work and I am a lazy s.o.b. haha

However, if you have the idea(s) and are willing to cover the cost of materials (for the most part), I would most likely be willing to help out with your project for the sheer heck of it.

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 am

Dude, you gosta help us out for Adepticon! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 am

Ghazkhull wrote:
Thank you, people. Come on up to Art of War and get a demo on the game. It's very cool and easy to pick up on.

John Gemrich wrote:

Well, John, not exactly. I typically don't like to do things for money as it then becomes a "job" in my mind. I tend to get the pressure of HAVING to do the work and my nature is such that I automatically start to rail against doing it. It feels like work and I am a lazy s.o.b. haha

However, if you have the idea(s) and are willing to cover the cost of materials (for the most part), I would most likely be willing to help out with your project for the sheer heck of it.

Ghazkhull

Cool. Maybe I can pay in pizza and beer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)   Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Themed tables for Pulp City - TABLE #1 (LOTS of pics)
Page 1 of 1