CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 am

So I picked up an Orphans force from Zenit Miniatures based in Spain. It is for a skirmish game called Nemesis. I've briefly scanned the rules but the figs are what has attracted meare cool.

Here is their store front ..Warning...the artwork at top of the site is NSFW (big 'ol boobies)

Zenit Store

When you see Orphans think Wild Boys from Peter Pan. They dress up like insects and fight in the forest.

Quote :

What dark, what terrible abomination… lie in wait for, harass, destroys… hundreds of children, all of them lost their families during the first Zenit wars. I found them hidden in the amazing Traveling Forest of the Glauks, crouched and lying in wait for, like the beast that turned them into what they are.

Their skinny bodies stagnant in childhood hide their fierceness, their eagerness for blood, because they consider everybody their enemies, and they have all the time in the world to destroy them. Because theirs is the power to deceive time, yes… to twist it until stopping it forever between the branches of the trees, and to turn it into a weapon at their service. Disguised as insects, turning into legends and old grandma tales, The Orphans hide in the shadows of their forests and wait to see the backs of their opponents… of their prey… to attack with a mortal sting.

The first figure I've painted is a Mantis. They use a Jai Alai strapped to their arms to chuck rocks/nuts at the opposing force.

I will be going w/ a fall theme for the force. The base currently is a bit bland but I inted to put some leaf litter down when I find it. Rolling Eyes

The paint job was slapped together under 2 hours this morning (while I was waiting on my airbrushed River trolls to dry) It needs some clean up, blends and additional highlights but for a test I'm quite happy.

Hope y'all like seeing something different once in a while

Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis 888424085_V3mK5-O
Back to top Go down
LOXMYTHIC
Neophyte
LOXMYTHIC

PostSubject: Re: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 am

Man I love the pastely look you get. Nice freehand on the throwthing.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:15 am

interesting looking fig...
I like how it turned out
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Awesome miniature, digging the paint job too. Would love to see a group where they have different colored armor (from different creatures.)

That mini also gets me really interested in this game and the rest of the range... scurries off to google nemesis skirmish game...
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Very cool..

lots of great minis available from Zenit
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis   Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis Empty

Back to top Go down

Zenit Miniatures - Nemesis: Orphans Faction: Mantis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: Gallery-
Jump to: