CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League

Go down 
+2
CJ
Rogue4525
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League Empty
PostSubject: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 pm

We've been talking with Clint, the owner of Eastside Games, about starting a slow grow league for Warmachine/Hordes. The format would be two week rounds (you'd have that long to get your league game in), and the point totals would do a slow increase. The top 4-6 would go to a final round depending on participation. For example, we might do two rounds of 15, two rounds of 25, and 1 round of 35.

This would be a great way for anyone looking at getting into Warmachine/Hordes to play in a casual fun league. I've talked with Clint about prize support, and he can offer some store credit (more details forthcoming).

So what does everyone think? Is this something people could get behind?
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:11 pm

As long as I can get my other player to hook up with me on a Saturday morning I'm in.
Back to top Go down
ucfan34
Neophyte
ucfan34

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:48 pm

(Raises hand) I would be interested in this. Although I don't currently play. When approximately would this happen? How much knowledge would someone be expected to have of the game for this? Would being new/learning be appropriate?

Also, Rogue4525 are you the pressganger that was at eastside doing demos a while back? If so will you be doing any again sometime soon?
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 pm

ucfan34 wrote:
(Raises hand) I would be interested in this. Although I don't currently play. When approximately would this happen? How much knowledge would someone be expected to have of the game for this? Would being new/learning be appropriate?

Also, Rogue4525 are you the pressganger that was at eastside doing demos a while back? If so will you be doing any again sometime soon?

Hey ucfan,

I haven't gotten into specifics with Clint yet, so I couldn't tell you yet when the proposed league would happen.

As far as experience is concerned, I've found this format to be very newbie-friendly, as we had a guy over at Yottaquest use this league to build his army up a bit and get some good experience.

I am indeed the Press Ganger who was at East side last week, and I will be there again tonight around 7:30-8. If you would like a demo, or to look at what sort of force might fit you best, stop by and we'll chat.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
beckmd
Neophyte
beckmd

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

I'm in with all my grumblings and what not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League   Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League
Page 1 of 1