CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed   Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Ok.. To clearly point this out, this is the problem with my other friends about this subject, Ill quote the exact wording and Reason why this is a slight problem.

Quote :
Spirit leech: at the beginning of every Shooting phase. Including the foe's. every non-vehicle enemy unit within 6" of the doom of Malan'tai Must take a leadership test on 3d6. If they failed the unit suffers a single wound for each point they failed bu, with no armour saves allowed

-The doom IS a psyker, But this is not a psyic power

So the question was, Does this effect people IN vehicles? The problem
Quote :
1. units in transports are not on the board. While this is a carryover from 4th edition, I think this one single unit being able to bypass armor when NOTHING else in the game can is a bit unfair.

2. Cover is not helping. I think this is a radius ability and treat it like a cloud, and therefor template attack. These deny cover. (I admit to using some imagination there)

Mind you this is my reply to this problem

Quote :
The fact with what Tim stated was, Something that requires /los/ or A target without /los/, if The doom is a presence, not a spore cloud or "template", IT would effect the first person who sees it through the opening in a window of the vehicle then everyone would look, so this would in turn effect everyone every level in or out of enclosed objects. If its a cloud, it would effect every level but not things with air vents such as "marines" "tau" and Necrons due to breathing vents and choice of no breath required, this would make a vehicle with no openings able to avoid it. If its a template. IT would cause ground level or "figure level" Only not choice if your standing next to a 5 story building. Now if you wish to go as GW describes it which I would first before anything else, That would make Me discribe it as a Other world attack, anything with a possible soul could be hit by it, It hits as described a spirit leech, The picture shows it as electric bolts, So if you wish to argue it out, Bring up the point. how much metal Are you wearing? how much rubber? you isolated? did not think so..

But as I stand with it, In or out of vehicles All NON-vehicle Units Are effected. Simple In or out. Which I would require owner of the figure to measure from figures highest point to my figure on a different level aka building.

This can be found here http://www.armourygames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1460&st=0&sk=t&sd=a Keep in mind its a simple question with so many possible answers, when in fact if you go just by what is in front of you My answer I think sounds the simple way. But what is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed   Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 am

Jon Regul and his team of rules guys made this ruling on the INAT faq. He also does the GW faq's. His word is law in most circles.

To quote the INAT faq:

TYR.58B.01 – Q: Can (does) „Spirit Leech‟ affect units embarked in vehicles/buildings? If so, what happens if it causes enough wounds to force a Morale check?
A: It does affect embarked units, however even if they suffer 25% casualties they will not fall back out of a vehicle or building [clarification].
Ref: RB.66E.02, SW.53G.03, TAU.33E.01, TAU.42H.01
TYR.58B.02 – Q: Can cover saves be taken against wounds caused by „Spirit Leech‟, especially in the case of embarked models?
A: Yes they can, check line of sight from the Doom of Malan‟tai model to see if the affected unit(s) are in cover or not. Embarked units always count as in cover for this purpose and so will get a „4+‟ cover save, although they cannot „[go] to ground‟ while embarked [clarification].
Back to top Go down
Lobster Mek
Neophyte
Lobster Mek

PostSubject: Re: Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed   Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:46 pm

great! thank you bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed   Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyranids The doom, Question/discription. opinions needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: