CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there any Fluff?

Go down 
+3
Bojesphob
Carl_Dillon
Makari
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Is there any Fluff? Empty
PostSubject: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Is there Fluff for the game or is it hey i have models and an army come get some?

My assumption there is but had to ask.
The fluff any good?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes there is and yes it is very good. Also there was also an RPG based on it using the DnD 3.0 rules. I dont think its still in production but probally still able to get ahold of it if someone was interested.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 pm

For instance, the Circle of Orboros (which my avatar is from) are a bunch of Druids and worship the devourer wurm. They are roughly based off of the Druids from England before the Romans came, and have similar things where they do human sacrifices and worship nature.

The Legion of Everblight is basically like a Nids army, but the Legion are warped by a renegade dragon and his essence corrupts the beings around him.

I know there is more, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. They all intermingle really well, and I think they do a good job of blending themes from the real world (like the USSR -> Khador, UK -> Cygnar) into a fantastical world with magic and steampunk! Smile
Back to top Go down
FrostFirus
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Some of the best Fantasy Fluff I have ever read.

No novels yet, but should be in the future. The stuff in the books are written to a very high standard.
Back to top Go down
ottocannon
Neophyte
ottocannon

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:22 pm

And THE BEST ARTWORK by far !!
Back to top Go down
http://eastsidegamesncards.webs.com
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Bojesphob wrote:
The Legion of Everblight is basically like a Nids army, but the Legion are warped by a renegade dragon and his essence corrupts the beings around him

HeHeHe yea I like em too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FrostFirus
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 pm

ottocannon wrote:
And THE BEST ARTWORK by far !!

Well, the owner of Privateer Press is Matt Wilson. Known as an artist for L5R as well as Magic: the Gathering (Exalted Dragon, Dream Halls, ect) and he is the owner and Head Artist...

So yea, Amazing Artwork to say the least.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:28 pm

I love my army's fluff.........

Not long ago the Retribution of Scyrah was an outlawed fringe organization of zealous and violent elven fanatics. Their goal has been the eradication of human wizards and sorcerers, whom they hold responsible for the ills of their species. Until recently they have had to work in secrecy from numerous cells within Ios’ neighboring human kingdoms. Now things have changed. Their message has found a voice inside Ios and they have won new allies to their cause. They are no longer forced to hide their affiliations and have begun to organize into an army capable of waging open warfare. The Retribution is now large and influential enough to abandon secrecy at home and to become a recognized political, religious, and military power.

The Retribution has gained access to a significant portion of the armed might of the nation, including hundreds of myrmidons brought by House Shyeel as well as the Dawnguard legions of House Nyarr, who are among Ios’ most formidable warriors. While their size and the scope of their military capability has increased almost a hundredfold from what it was, their army remains relatively small compared to those of the nations they plan to strike. They are also competing for resources inside Ios with the force assigned to defend the nation’s borders.

This has prompted the Retribution to adopt unconventional strategies, including a unique doctrine of engagement. They wield their forces like a spear set against the weakest point in the armor of their enemies. Comprehensive reconnaissance combined with rapid redeployment is the key to Retribution strategy. Their forces are uniquely equipped with advanced arcanika, giving them the tools to wage this type of warfare and thereby represent a threat far greater than numbers alone suggest. Working to the Retribution’s advantage is the fact that the human kingdoms know little about their capabilities, while their own intelligence-gathering efforts have been thorough.

The resolve of Iosan soldiers is strengthened by the knowledge that they fight for their survival as a species. They intend to strike against enemies thought to have played a hand in the extinction of their gods. At their core they remain a fiercely dedicated and religiously charged organization, one that now has access to a powerful and sophisticated armory as well as sufficient soldiers to wage war against humanity.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:51 am

Sean, if you are wondering about WM/Hordes fluff in comparison to Warhammer... It's not in the same league as the Warhammer stuff in my opinion. It's definitely good, but it needs to to mature.

However. I will say that the fluff is very very very good in comparison to the games age. Look at warhammer fluff back in the day...

...That stuff was whack despite what all you old codgers might say.

There's no black library (even with all the bad it's good) for these games though.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:09 am

Matt wrote:
Sean, if you are wondering about WM/Hordes fluff in comparison to Warhammer... It's not in the same league as the Warhammer stuff in my opinion. It's definitely good, but it needs to to mature.

I agree with it not being in the same "league" too. But that’s more because games workshop has had roughly twenty years to develop it. With Privateer Press momentum I think it wont be long before we see more of the worlds background developed and released.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Yup, read the rest of my post. Exactly what I said.

Should be interesting to see how it evolves. One thing that was a little odd between the mk1 and mk2 books was that all the casters that had progressed to epic didn't necessarily stay "epic"-ized in the new mk2 book.

Perhaps in expansion books they'll become epic again though.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any Fluff?   Is there any Fluff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there any Fluff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warmachine/Hordes :: Fluff Discussion-
Jump to: