CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cryx 15pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Lich Lord Venethrax
Corruptor

Max Bile Thralls

Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren

---

So thinking this will be my entry into WM afterall putting the Hordes choice on the backburner. This should scale pretty well me thinks. Thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by Marc on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
zombie-a-go-go
Neophyte
zombie-a-go-go

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 am

This list... I'm not sure what it's going to do.

Venethrax really doesn't need a Corrupter, as he has few spells that he wants to arc (and the only thing the Corrupter has going for it, IMO, is the ability to turn a model it kills into a faux-arc node for its controller). If you want this jack for the melee, take a Seether instead; if you want ranged (and you should know up front that Cryx doesn't play a shooty game very will - they can do it, but you have to work for it), fit in either a Leviathan or a Harrower. A Harrower will perform well both in melee and ranged, but its got a hefty point cost attached to it.

The Bile Thralls should never be your only infantry selection, and especially in a low-point list such as this one. Biles aren't going to hit anything with their spray attacks that they can hurt with them, they can't melee, and while their Purge is amazing, they are going to be enemy #1 for your opponent if he's fielding any infantry of his own - and with the Biles' defensive stats, they drop like flies if anyone focuses their attention on them. Biles are very much a specialized/niche unit. They're very good at higher point levels if you can keep them around, but in order to do that you need something else to pose a more immediate threat to your opponent.

At any rate, the rank-and-file Cryx units are Bane Thralls, Bane Knights, and Mechanithralls.

Bane Thralls hit like a truck in melee (they'll scrap jacks), and have Stealth to keep them from getting shot up on the advance. Unfortunately, they're kinda slow.

Bane Knights are quicker, have reach, ignore terrain, and hit almost as hard as Bane Thralls. Unfortunately, they have only their armor and whatever terrain you can leverage to keep them alive on the advance

Mechanithralls die like flies, but they're numerous and cheap, and hit fairly hard.

There are, of course, other units, but these three are good starter units and will be useful in just about any list you want to play.

As for your solos, the Warwitch Siren is wasted in this list, because you've only got one jack on the board and she can't Power Booster it if Venethrax has allocated it any Focus himself. If you take one of the Bane Units you might want to consider trying to make room for Bane Lord Tartarus, but you can live without him for now, I would think.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

zombie-a-go-go wrote:
Hope this helps.

Helps big time as I went for the "eye candy" models slash eBay deals versus "tactical know"

..have yet to play a game btw Cryx 15pts Icon_biggrin

I have been introduced to the Seether and will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Here is what I own..

Lich Lord Venethrax
Stalker
Skarlock
Seether

Max Bile Thralls

Pistol Wraith
Warwitch Siren

..and this league thingy starts this weekend.
So once the move is made to 25pts I can toss in some Bane Thralls, etc but until then its a bit meh
Back to top Go down
zombie-a-go-go
Neophyte
zombie-a-go-go

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:59 am

Marc wrote:
Helps big time as I went for the "eye candy" models slash eBay deals versus "tactical know"

Five years and a couple thousand dollars of Khador later, looking back, if I had known anything about how the game played versus what models looked cool, I'd be playing Cygnar today. Laughing

If you're up at Eastside next Tuesday track me down and I'll run you through a quick game if you like, to help you get an idea of what your models can do and how they best interact with each other. You can make (almost) any build work - I've been beaten by jank lists that I rolled my eyes at when my opponent placed them on the table - but a good list obviously makes things easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

So for 15pts I'll start with this and learn from there..

Lich Lord Venethrax
Stalker
Seether
Min Bile Thralls
Pistol Wraith

..think I'll still finish painting the Siren first though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cryx 15pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryx 15pts   Cryx 15pts Empty

Back to top Go down