CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DND 4E Primer Session

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

DND 4E Primer Session Empty
PostSubject: DND 4E Primer Session   DND 4E Primer Session EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:15 pm

For the 6 guys I have thus far here are the restrictions and set ups for starting the campaign.

You start at a fort on the edge of Civilization bordering a large forest at the base of a Mountain range. You have served there for almost 3 years and your 3 year manditory service will be up in 2 weeks. Your last scouting mission takes place the day after we begin. 2 days out to a small outpost 1 day rest and 2 days back.

Everyone is Human. Any Class from the PHB I. You start at level 3, no multiclassing yet. 1D10 (Rolled at the same time)Gp starting Gold. Upon reaching the city after your tour is over you will recieve your payment for service. Basic gear is supplied at no cost to the char.
Armor: any below Plate, shield where applicable.
Weapon: 1 Main, 1 Secondary, 1 Ranged
Class Dependant: Books, Symbols all are supplied (with bonus)
Clothing: No standard clothing each military role has similar uniforms
Transportation: Horses are available when needed and cleared with quartermaster. (Not during scouting missions)
Food: Rations are dispersed as needed
Basic Equip: as needed, deemed needed by quartermaster.

All the characters now each other and have worked with each other for at least 3 years. Mainly running drills with the once a month scouting trip. And an occasional skirmish with goblinoids it hasn't been too hard.

A lot of restrictions I know, here is my reasoning: You have been trained and are quite capable in a fight but you are not heroes, yet. Nothing extra ordinary has caused you to be a hero, yet. I believe in characters to come into Heroship not handed it. Plus I like my story. Once your out of the military characters are free to do as they please and with the pay and bonuses then it will be worth waiting the extra week or two before you are sent to the city and follow orders as given and when an oppurtunity presents itself to be "HEROES" then you will be Heroes.

I am using this as a primer adventure to relearn 4th as I havent played in a year and to teach anyone willing to learn.

Enjoy see you Saturday around noon at EGC!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: DND 4E Primer Session   DND 4E Primer Session EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Are you limiting this to the 6 players? Or is this an open call? How many more people are you willing to work with? Just some questions I thought I would ask so everybody understands if this a closed event or an open one. Forgot, if it is open, what time? I wouldn't be able to make it anyway, but thought others might want to know. My step-father was sent home from the hospital to "be comfortable for his remaining time" so I felt I needed to drive up there and spend a few days but I hope it goes well. Maybe bring more people into the hobby that way.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: DND 4E Primer Session   DND 4E Primer Session EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Currently it is running as 6 players but I have a plan to use this as a springboard to a MAJOR campaign of multiple groups being run in the general area but with slightly less restrictions. I will plan to set up for more players soon.

Sorry to hear about your step-father, spend time with him and we will see you upon your return.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DND 4E Primer Session   DND 4E Primer Session Empty

Back to top Go down

DND 4E Primer Session
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Role Playing Games-
Jump to: