CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder Empty
PostSubject: 13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder   13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 7:05 pm

So I got a game in against Matt the other day, running 1000pts in an Alpha level take and hold mission and here's what went down.

His list was 2 speeders including sammy's AV14 twin linked everything BS5 monster, 2 6 man bike packs + multi-melta attack bikes and a devastator squad with a missile launcher.

I was running long fangs with 2 las/2 missile, 10 fenrisian wolves, a pack of grey hunters with meltas, a pack of storm claws with 3 fists a rune priest and a wolf lord on a bike with lightning claws.

My deployment zone had a large hill in the lower left, a tower in the center and a small ruins area terrain in the lower right. Matt's (from my perspective) had a larger ruin in the upper right and a hill with some fences in the middle.

All of his bikes hid behind the large ruin and his devs got behind the fences. The speeders chilled out to their left. My long fangs went in the tower, the wolves, storm claws and rune priest hid behind the large hill. My melta squad and the wolf lord hid behind my ruins.

Matt won and took first turn to make it harder to hurt his speeders. They sped towards the center of the board and opened fire on my long fangs in the tower. Yet despite 8 assault cannon and 6 heavy bolter shots the 3+ hard cover kept all the fangs safe. And then the missile launcher in the devs killed the long fang sargeant.

I moved the wolves up over the hill toward the speeders while the storm claws and rune priest shifted around behind the hill a little. The melta squad moved back through the ruins toward the tower and the lord turbo-boosted next to a small piece of area terrain nearer the middle of the board staying out of sight of the speeders or devs. My long fangs fired on the normal armor speeder and blew it up! and the wolves charged sammael even though they couldn't hurt him, but hey it let them get 12" closer to the devs.

Matt back sammy away from the wolves and moved his attack bikes around the area terrain into LOS of my lord (oops) Sammy opened fire on the wolves killing 7, the devs killed 2 more but he lone wolf held firm. The meltas missed the lord and he lived another round.

In my turn the lone wolf assaulted the devs while the melta squad moved closer to the center of the board. The lord charged the front attack bike. The lord dispatched his enemy bike and consolidated into the bike behind. the lone wolf managed to kill one dev without being hurt. The long fangs fired at sammael and managed to blow off the assault cannon. This was huge because the speeder became much more toothless.

On Matt's turn he counter-charged with a bike squad with a powerfist armed sargeant. He was able to squeek three bikes into the gap between the attack bike and the area terrain. The lord was able to kill 2, but that still left the powerfist to kill him. The bikes consolidated into the area terrain with the attack bike in the front. Sammy tried to kill some long fangs but the heavy bolter was ineffective.

On my turn the melta squad headed toward the middle some more and the long fangs killed the attack bike.

On matt's turn the bikes went back to hiding behind the area terrain and I think a missile launcher or two got picked off. I remember I ended up with just two lascannons but don't remember exactly when they died.

On my turn I realized that the storm claws were too far out of the fight so I made the game to teleport them into the ruins in front of the bikes. However they scattered behind the ruins toward the center of the board. From here they couldn't do much but kill a devastator.

On matt's turn the bikes boosted from behind the area terrain to behind the hill in preparation of boosting towards the center objective on the last turn. I don't think anything of mine died.

On my turn my units moved towards the center of the board and couldn't do much else. A lascannon picked off one of the bikers.

On Matt's last turn all the bikes roared over the hill into the center of the board along with sammy. He had 4 bikes in one squad and 5 in another after the las snipe. One biker failed a dangerous terrain test and went down to 3 and 5 bikes.

I moved my hunters and claws into the center and tried to fire enough bolter shots to keep the bikers from being scoring units. With the combined bolter, melta and bolt pistol fire I was ableto take the unit of three down to two and the unit of 5 to 3. one lascannon wounded, but the save was made resulting in a tie game, both of us had two scoring units near the objective.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder   13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Glad you posted this one, was a really good game.

Pity that tower the long fangs hid in was made made of bullet catching invinsible-ness.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder   13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 7:45 am

Great read John. Thanks for sharing.

We need to pitch in for a CAG camera tho.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder   13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 12:25 pm

Should really ask Eric if we can use his for at least a photo a turn or something.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder   13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder Empty

Back to top Go down

13th Company takes on Sammael on the Speeder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Battle Reports-
Jump to: