CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Khador 15 pt list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

Khador 15 pt list Empty
PostSubject: Khador 15 pt list   Khador 15 pt list EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

new to warmachine trying to decide on a good 15 pt list for the league. so far either this
Kommander Orsus Zoktavir
Beast-09
Battle Mechaniks (Leader and 3 Grunts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Winter Guard Mortar Crew (Leader and Grunt)

or
Kommander Orsus Zoktavir
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Kodiak
Kodiak

let me know what you guys think open to suggestions thanks dan.
Back to top Go down
zombie-a-go-go
Neophyte
zombie-a-go-go

Khador 15 pt list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khador 15 pt list   Khador 15 pt list EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

Kommander is the epic version of Butcher, isn't it? If so, I wouldn't play him at 15p because your opponent isn't likely to have much infantry on the board so you can rack up feat tokens.

If you're set on playing him, however, I would recommend Spriggans over Kodiaks if you have them. Orsus lets them charge for free with Conferred Rage, and Powerful Charge bumps their MAT up to 10. Since Orsus has variable FOC, you want to get your jacks' MAT up as high as possible - you might not have enough FOC to buy boosts and additional attacks when you need to engage, so you want to be as FOC efficient as possible. Kodiaks are FOC hogs - the free run isn't that great, because you get free charges from Orsus anyway, and Smash and Grab isn't that impressive when you get to perform Power Attacks for free as well. Of course, the additional MAT definitely makes it more likely that you'll get it off... I mean, the Kodiaks aren't a bad choice, but they're not the best Orsus can do.

Alternately, go with 2 Berzerkers - Orsus makes them not suck as badly, you don't want to feed them FOC anyway, and they're cheap enough that you get 4 more points to play with over the Kodiaks.

You really do want 2 jacks - only taking 1 with Orsus is a waste of his potential.

Also, the mortar is wasted at this point level, I feel, because your opponent isn't likely to have massed infantry.

Either way, I'd take out the IFP and replace them with Widowmakers and a War Dog. You're not hurting for melee, but you do lack ranged.

Anyway, all this is IMO, of course. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

Khador 15 pt list
Page 1 of 1