CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newest Confrontation

Go down 
+3
JMarv
Matt
Keith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

Newest Confrontation Empty
PostSubject: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 pm

Anyone check out the newest version of Confrontation??
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 11:59 pm

I got into Confrontation right before this came out and was really disappointed by it.

I was talking to John Gemmerich today and we both kind of felt the same way. They changed it too much, it's very different from the way it used to play which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 9:25 am

Hey what is John up to these days? He is such a knockout painter. We should try and convert him to Fantasy or 40K.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 9:41 am

i havent seen him too recently but last tiem i talked to him his wife was going to have a baby in a few months which by now has probably happend. hes currently playing the game infinity and i dont think theres any way he will play fantasy or 40k. its not skirmish enough for him i dont think and from my understanding and this is just my understanding he thinks its a little too simple but im not totally sure.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm

It's not that he thinks its too simple... well at least that isn't the only reason... he just dislikes "you go, I go" gameplay.

So like Danny said, probably no 40K for John.G.

Shame, cus he is an insanely good painter.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 7:29 pm

I've casually run into John at Sci-Fi City. He does keep busy.

It really is tragic the change from a hobby to a prepainted game. My view on this has been to just stick to Confrontation 3.5 and Dogs of War. Mainly because if I am going to spend money on a unit based game Warhammer Fantasy is better.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 8:04 pm

my thoughts exactly. It's just a shame that Conf 3.5 seemed to die along with the release of the new confrontation.

Rackham sure do know how to mishandle things don't they?
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:28 pm

We use to have a regular group of C3 players, but everyone got busy with life and such. I don't like to paint or mod, but I have always admired some of the work I have since. A lot of the C3 figs were very detailed and came out great when painted by a someone good at it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Yeah, I think the Confrontation metals were some of the best minis ever.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:05 pm

My wolfen looked like they had children painting them.My half way done re-paint looks better.

As for 3.5,never played ,but always wanted to.No one ever had time to teach me.nor did I have the proper figs.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Got to agree on the superiority of the metals in the now "bad-old-days" ... well the looks at least. Mirco-pinning is INSANE! Stop the car I want out. affraid

As for painting. I think it is more of one putting an effort into the hobby rather than going for prizes. If really was all about the best painting then miniature gaming would be next to dead and even more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:44 pm

I would lose every contest to.Im getting better though.

I do hope the game takes off.I plan on building a Rag Army with the ppp,using the last version of Rag'Narok rules.I will need to re-base back to square.

Ive always wanted to play the older versions,just never found the right group in time.once the anoucment let out,it was over.
Its a damm shame to.But they still keep the most up to date rules and what not,for Dogs,3.0,3.5.

It was either you or somone else that told me to stay away from Dogs o War.I would still like to learn it,and do the whole campaign.

Maybe you could put it together?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest Confrontation   Newest Confrontation Empty

Back to top Go down

Newest Confrontation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Other Wargames-
Jump to: