CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vimes67
Neophyte

DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus Empty
PostSubject: DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus   DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 pm

So I had this discussion with a fellow Cryx player at the Qualifier on Saturday, and found the relevant rules forum discussion.

The question: The DJ collects 6 souls. Next turn, those souls turn into focus. Can the DJ be allocated additional focus?

The answer: NO. He gets those 6 focus first, then allocation happens, and since allocating focus would take him above 3 focus, the caster cannot give him any more (a jack cannot end up with more than 3 focus as a result of allocation). After this the skulls of hate thing happens, and the DJ gets one more focus for each intact arm. This works because they just give the focus instead of allocating.

Just wanted to share my learning process with the community. Many already know this, but it is tricky enough that I figured it was worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
zombie-a-go-go
Neophyte
zombie-a-go-go

DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus   DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 am

(Obligatory grumbling about the Deathjack costing 12 points and the Behemoth costing 13)
Back to top Go down

DJ, Culling Souls, and Allocating Focus
Page 1 of 1