A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

PS3 flashing red light

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS3 flashing red light   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 am

Its all preference when it comes down to it, just ironin, look at all the posts here all including a Xbox failure at least once. Like I said I own both but PS3 is used WAY more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS3 flashing red light   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

According to Sean's posts, we should all just get Wii's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS3 flashing red light   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm

And never play them like everyone on here that owns one and never plays it other than bowling once every 6 months... Can't break what isn't played lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: PS3 flashing red light   Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 am

And it happened!!!
Lets just say the past 3 weeks have not been very good.
Thursday was one of the worst days of my life and while it was minor it was the icing on the Rotten birthday cheese cake of life (I hate Cheesecake and dislike most icings so as a birthday cake for me its very bad, I now someone was going to ask)
So shitty day had a glimer of hope and extreme joy when a really good friend saw how crappy my day was, and delighted me with Madden 11 for PS3 as a gift to make me feel better and boy did it work.....
Until I got home and began trouncing the Giants and the PS3 cuts out on me and I get the Blinking Red light!!!!!
Needless to say I broke down, again not that big of a deal but like I said extremely bad timing.

So here is what I have learned:
The 1st Generation PS3's have a flaw, If you are a "gamer" and play the higher end games like Madden, COD, FFXIII. IT WILL FAIL! its not a matter of if, but when.
The solder points on the motherboard were made with crappy solder and the heatsink is not able to compensate enough for this, essentially everytime you hear the fan (running louder than the normal) the mother board is heating up too much and is compromising your system.
THis accounts for the majority of issues with the Blinking Red Light, the other is HDD failure.
Seeing as the majority of 1st Gen PS3's are out of warranty, Sony will graciously "fix" your PS3 for about $150, ie send you a refurbished one...
However there is a silver lining to this. The repair is not too complicated thank God!!!
After extensive research online and tinkering I have the ability to repair PS3s that have this issue.
I have taken my PS3 apart a couple of times over the past couple of days, and Holy Cow you should see the build up of dust in these things!!! Even if you vacuum or blow dust through the holes!
So yes i am eating my words because the PS3 Red Blinky light has struck me, But I will still stand by the PS3!
So if anyone who has a 1st GEN PS3 and hasn't cleaned it lately and its out of warranty do so! If the Red Blinky Light has happened to you let me know I can help!!! Kind of funny how it gets fixed.

More updates to come!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 flashing red light   Today at 4:49 am