CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello

Go down 
+3
Makari
Bojesphob
Elonna
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Elonna
Neophyte
Elonna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I am recently returning from about a 20 year hiatus from WHFB so pretty much starting over. I played in my first tourney this past weekend and got whomped up on, which I expected. I had only played 2 games prior to this weekend so still learning to play basically. I play high elves and my son is also wanting to build a lizardmen army. Would love to meet people to play with here in the Cincinnati area who don't mind our newbness and who has patience while we learn the ropes.

Look forward to reading through posts and such.

Elonna
Back to top Go down

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Welcome Elonna.

We love noobs... Twisted Evil

JK. I've got a large Orc Goblin army but I've only played a handful of times. Love to step through 7e with anyone.
Back to top Go down
Elonna
Neophyte
Elonna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi John, thanks for the welcome.

I do have the 7th ed. rulebook, but since I started back so close to the 8th ed. release, that is what I've been playing so far. I'll try 7th ed though, just want to learn the game well enough to be able to start understanding tactics better and how my troops fight (or suck as I am the worst dice roller in the world, just sayin').
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Welcome, Elonna! Good luck with the Orcs!

Though, I do have to say, you haven't met a couple of us in the gaming group, so I would say you probably aren't the worst die roller.... I've actually accomplished the 6 out of 7 rolls to hit rolled as 1's before. I once had a roll of 30 lasgun shots for my Imperial Guard, ended up hitting only 6, and only caused 1 wound (which was saved, of course!). lol!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome to the Forums!!!

8th edition WHFB is a great and wonderous thing. Tactics change a lot as well as army builds in 8th edition. I have an O&G army and Empire that I play currently.

There are plenty of stores in the area that have regular CAGers that will be willing to teach and play!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Elonna
Neophyte
Elonna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Well, this past weekend it was common for my 18 archers to maybe get 6 hits and 2 wounds and those were usually saved against. Twice, my LD9 general/mage fled the board and got mowed down because he fled less than 6 inches. Another time I blew him up due to a miscast in my turn 1 magic phase...these are only some examples. One of my opponents felt so sorry for me, he offered to buy me a new set of dice. The dice doesn't matter, it's just me lol. But I like playing anyway, I just need to learn to play better to overcome sucky dice rolling Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Welcome to the boards!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 am

oops.

meant 8e. Hard to keep up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 am

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Elonna
Neophyte
Elonna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 am

Thank you again for all the welcomes. My next three weekends are booked with scuba diving things, but after that, I'll be ready to play...My army is not painted yet though, so hope people don't mind too much. I'm going to be working on it, but I paint worse than I roll Razz
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 am

Don't worry too much about the painting, most people don't have painted armies Smile You may see a few people like me who are obsessive about getting them painted and to an above tabletop level, but we are not many. Just as long as you are having fun is the most important thing!
Back to top Go down
quiettype
Neophyte

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Welcome to the jungle; Elonna. I dont play 40k or WH. Just FOW & other historical minis.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome to the boards. cheers

When you're ready to learn how to play some fantasy, come up to Art of War on any Saturday. I am normally there running the Fantasy league and playing games. Don't worry about minis not being painted or anything like that, first step is to see if you're still interested in the game.

Right now is the best time to get into the game, with the new edition and stuff. cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: