CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news

Go down 
+14
Korrova
Warmonger
thorgrim
dan
Frank
kainthedragoonx
wittdooley
Mike Leon
Affliction
Sexiest_hero
altahara
yrddraiggoch
The Madman
HAND OF DUME
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 am

Like the title says:

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news Deldar

Last edited by HAND OF DUME on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 am

pretty
& scarry
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:32 pm

SWEET! I am going to be so broke
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:29 am

ok.. Thats it. Chaos is up for sale so i can buy new dark eldar... Lol im glad i wont be 'jumping on the bandwagon' since i already play them hehe
Back to top Go down
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:26 am

I have 1 unpainted warrior squad to do and my 2000 point DE army is complete and now I have to go out and get more.
So, 2500 point Ard Boyz army upgrade it is then.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 am

They look bad ass. Maybe one of the best models in a long time. I still want a male witch army though. Nothing is scarier than 60 guys in man-thongs.
Back to top Go down
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Thats a visual I could have done without.

As spikey and bladey as their guns are I would like to see a close combat bonus from them, like the Kroot rifles count as extra hand weapon, maybe the DE splinter rifles count as 2 handed weapon on 1st turn maybe?
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 am

Games Day UK pics of the new Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01309

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01311

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01313

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01315

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01316

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news DSC01317
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 am

oh my god...
Back to top Go down
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 am

Great, now I have to redo the entire frickin army. Those new models are just too cool
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:38 am

Some up close pics here on this link.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/09/26/39612

Love the DE fluff, but their models were really not that great.....until now.

I think GW took these to the next level on the sculpts.

Now if only they would give us a solid rule set to play with it would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:08 pm

The Black Parade wrote:

Now if only they would give us a solid rule set to play with it would be great.

You might have a while to wait man. We can still count on you at the DBCC tourneys though... bring the Eldar. Our games when you used them always seem to be tight.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 pm

These pictures just made my pants super tight. I'm starting a Dark Eldar army when this stuff hits.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
These pictures just made my pants super tight.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:35 pm

They look fine and all; I guess I'm just one of the few folks that doesn't really care for the whole bondage space pirates thing.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

mike your gonna penetrate people with your dark lances? Lol
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Official codex cover

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news Dark-eldar-cover-001
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 am

very sweet! Great looks stuff! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Some info on the codex:

Posted by Bigred at Monday, September 27, 2010

So at Gamesday there were excerpt pages from the Dark Eldar Codex on display and lots of readers got to briefly glance at it. Here's what we've pieced together so far from eyewitnesses:

Ravager/Raider

Fast, skimmer, open-topped (no surprise there)

Raider AV 10 10 10
Ravager AV 11 11 10

Ravager armed with three dark lances (seems to be standard, no idea about upgrades)
Able to fire all three weapons at cruising speed (12"?)

Reavers (don't know if these are troops or fast attack? My guess is they stay fast)

+1T, but only armour save 5+ (rather than the Eldar version that gives 3+)
36" turbo boost (so should be no objective you can't contest on the final turn)

They're armed with a splinter rifle but their main attack seems to be their blades (mono-something vanes). These had a fairly lengthy description and I can't remember all of it but it basically seemed to function like that bomb the ork Deffkoptas can have in that you pass over/near a unit and instead of charging it you inflict hits as you pass so the enemy can't immediately strike back. Presumably you can use this to soften the enemy up before engaging them with wyches etc.

There were some extra upgrades to increase the strength of the hits, inflict more of them etc.

Wyches (troops as standard I think)

Upgradable weapons that provide bonuses to the unit, or reduce the enemy's stats (didn't see the rules on these?)

Archon(didn't see any of his wargear)
WS/BS: 7 S/T/W: 3 I: 7 A: 3or4? Ld: 9 or 10? Save: 5+
Phil Kelly said that the cube he's carrying on the front of the codex and one of the models doubles his strength if he can kill an independent character or monstrous creature. (Instant death versus any strength 6+ weapon )

Incubi/Warriors (didn't see these pages, I think the Incubi might be moving to elites from HQ to fill the Wyches' slot)

Mandrakes (The glowing yellow guys on the cover, so I would expect there to be models but can't confirm)

They strike from the shadows and get more powerful after they've tasted blood (not sure if this is just fluff or if it will be represented by some special rules).

That's pretty much all I have. So far the glass cannon theme is well intact, the prospect of facing a squad of long fangs able to nobble two vehicles per turn is pretty terrifying.

I don't think we can tell what their strengths are going to be yet but I expect lots of reserves, wyches assaulting out of their open-topped raiders and super fast reavers providing cover saves for the vehicles and contesting objectives late.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Here's a combined effort of several sources thrown together on one thread on Dakka detailing leaked info the the new DE codex.

General Remarks/Rules
3 kind of armies with this book: Kabalyte, Wych Cult and Haemunculus army. But units are strong enough to make most combinations competitive as well. No point costs yet, as the Codex only had the main entry pages. But preview copies of the Codex should be instore in 2-3 weeks.

Universial rules
Night vision rule army wide (= acute senses?)
Strength through pain (mostly for Wych Cult units): After destroying non-vehicle unit, DE unit gets one pain token (1+ tokens means unit gets FNP, 2+ tokens means army gets Furious Charge, 3+ tokens means army gets fearless). Maximum is 3. Seems to buff all units with this rule simultaniously!
Combat drugs: One roll for for every unit with combat drugs before the game (all get the same).
Shadow Field in., 12“ assault not.
3-5 new units ,no old ones dropped. New units seem to be: New Archon bodyguard, new man-sized Haemunculi construct, new beast for beastmaster, Venom transport and something else.
Splinter weaponry makes a wound in a 4+ (normal poison weapon).
Dark Matter spam is gone with a more realistic allocation of heavy/special weapons mainly based on squad size. Similarly for reavers.
Web portals are still in.

HQ

Asdrubal Vect (SC not on his Ravager).

His Ex-Wife

Lelith Hesperax

Drazhar

Archon
WS7, BS7, +1 BS, +1WS, +1A, +1LD compared to previous edition, can take Blaster (18“ range).
If he kills and enemy MC/SC in close combat, he doubles his Strength to 6. If he kills another one, he doubles his Strength to 10.
Can have bodyguard retinue (not Incubi anymore).

Wych Lord

Haemunculi

Troops
Warriors (also in an elite version, upgrade names: Kabalite warrior, Synabite, Kabalite Trueborn, Dracon)
Stats as before. Splinter Rifle rapid fire, no plasma grenades or Splinter pistols.
Have strength through pain rule.

Wyches (also in an elite version, upgrade names: Hekatrix, Hekatrix Bloodbride, Syren)
Stats as before. 6+ armour save, 4+ inv against cc attacks. Upgrades with special close combat weapons.
Their weapon options are:
-1A to enemy in combat and base contact (to a minimum of 1), Hydra Gauntlets: +d6 attacks for 2 CCWS rather than +1A (Yes - really!) or Chain-of-blades weapon gives +2A, as well as re-rolls to hit and to wound.

Elite
Incubi
T3, S3, 2 attacks but lose Tormentor Helm, with a 3+ save, can be upgraded with an Exarch (one option „preferred enemy“).
Have Klaives (2 handed powerweapon +1 strength). The klaive gives the unit to roll again (only one time) the 6 to wound.
Their squad leader (WS5, 3 Attacks) has a weapon that either gives him +2 S or +2 attacks (2 single handed weapons), and gives each member of the squad another attack on a roll of 6 to hit (no limit)
Have hand flamers like BA. Can chose an IC as preferred enemy. Klaivex has some more rules, one similar to Old One eyes but not as good as blood angels blood talons.

Mandrakes
Have some kind of shooting attack that gets stronger with every kill they make, but not strength from pain rule.

Harlequins
As in Eldar Codex. No Solitaire.

Grotesques
Bigger with Ogryn stats. Dont have strength through pain rule.

Other Haemunculi Construct
New. Man-sized.

Beastmaster
Beastmasters can take different kinds of beasts.

Fast Attack
Hellions

Reaver Jetbike
Can turbo boost 36", S3, T4, 5+ save, -1 to save and -1 to strength compared to previous edition. Jetbike gives +1 to save and +1 to Toughness (included in the profile).
They can perform a "fly-by" attack on units they fly past WITHOUT getting into CC. There were several upgrades for reaver jetbikes that inflict different numbers of S3/4/6 hits on units when doing their 'fly by' attack.
Can take Melter Blaster (S8 with Melter AND lance special rule)
Blade under jetbike causes pinning test when wounding.

Heavy Support
Ravager
Fast, skimmer, open-topped, AV 11 11 10, can fire all three dark lances at cruising speed

Talos
In a standard and lighter version.

Scourges
Seem to get some kind of haywire grenade launcher.

2 new units in Heavy Support:
razorwing
Something completely new

Transports
Raider
Fast, skimmer, open-topped, AV 10 10 10
More expensive, many upgrades, a.o. +2D6 movement and 5+ Invulnerability save
has a Dark Lance

Venom
Formerly in Harlequin list (capacity 6)
Back to top Go down
Frank
Neophyte
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 am

I won't be playing them. Mainly because I am sick to death of games in general, but I will be painting up a crew. Those models are amazing!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 pm

I'll be painting up a Lilith to sell. I'll post pictures when it's done. P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:43 pm

wittdooley wrote:
I'll be painting up a Lilith to sell. I'll post pictures when it's done. P
what a great idea. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Dang been waiting for it seems like forever for this army to get redone had to fight manytimes over the years not to start one, before the redo. Glad i waited the models are freaking amazing.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Looks like I will be needing the female torsos...all chick army FTW.

...yes for my wife! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next