CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news

Go down 
+14
Korrova
Warmonger
thorgrim
dan
Frank
kainthedragoonx
wittdooley
Mike Leon
Affliction
Sexiest_hero
altahara
yrddraiggoch
The Madman
HAND OF DUME
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frank
Neophyte
Frank

dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 am

I think I will make this army my Opus, with the sole purpose of selling it for as much as I can get.
Back to top Go down
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Awesome models! I never liked how the older DE models looked. The more I look at the pictures the more I want to start this army. I'm definitely getting a codex just for the fluff (and to see what I'll be up against).
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Posted by Bigred at Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Some tidbits that showed up recently regarding everybody's favorite Wytch and some tidbits on the upcoming codex:

ICs

Lelith
WS:9 A:4

Cost: Hive Tyrant
Rule
A Cut Above The Rest: For every point of difference in WS, Lelith gains+1 attack.
All her attacks count as power weapons

Wargear Goodies (this is not related to Lelith)
Clone Field
Projects holo-replicas of the bearer.
Nullifies D3 attacks against the model every Bum phase, chosen by the bearer.

Huskblade
Instant Death on any inflicted wound, disregarding toughness

Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 am

40K SNEAK PEEK: Dark Eldar HQs & Heavies

Posted by Bigred at Thursday, October 07, 2010

Copies of the Codex are out and about around the globe, with reports coming in all over the place. Lets look at the latest on the HQs and Heavy Support options

via Dakka's Kroothawk (Bravo sir!)

HEADQUARTERS
Asdrubal Vect
Even more expensive but hard hitting , costing about as much as Mephiston (Dais not compulsory).
Dais is AV 13 13 13 with three Dark Lances. He seizes the initiative on a 4+.

Lady Malys
His Ex-Wife.
Immune to psychic powers and passes this ability onto any unit she joins.

Lelith Hesperax
4++ save, 3++ in combat. S3. Her hair counts as a shardnet + impaler. Her knives are power weapons. She doesn't use combat drugs, as she is skilled enough With Weapon Skill 9 and four attacks which ignore armour saves, plus an extra one for each point her weapon skill is higher than her foe's, Lelith can murder entire squads.

Drazhar
Eternal Warrior and rules/stats similar to Phoenix Lords.

Urien Rakarth
Master Haemunculus.
Gives out d3 free pain tokens at the start of the game, which must go to wrack or grotesque units,
also regains a wound at the start of each of his turns as his flesh re-knits itself.
He can make the small constructs troops, and he can give grotesques S6 instead of their usual S5 for 5 points each.

Kheradruakh, the Decapitator
mandrake champion, still with 4 arms.
Always starts in reserve, player can place him anywhere without a roll but at least 1" or 2" away from enemy units.

Duke Sliscus the Serpent
a corsair captain- nasty counterpart to Yriel who isn't that great a fighter but gives bonuses to the rest of your army.
Concept wise he is David Bowie in space, a really glam rocker dude.
Can confer 3+ Poisoned onto one unit's shooting attacks. Also, he is the Dark Eldar character who tore out Lukas The Trickster's heart.

Baron Sathonyx
has a skyboard

Archon
WS7, BS7, +1 BS, +1WS, +1A, +1LD compared to previous edition, can take Blaster (18“ range).
If he kills and enemy MC/SC in close combat, he doubles his Strength to 6. If he kills another one, he doubles his Strength to 10.
Can have bodyguard retinue called 'Court of the Archon' which is a retinue like an inquisitors.
The Court Of The Archon is the Archon's new bodyguard option. It is somewhat inspired by Greek mythology. Options include a retinue member which grants 2+ Poisoned to the entire retinue. This option is unbelievably cheap for what it does. Other options include Ur-Ghuls (which had FNP) and Medusae (which have an 'eye laser' ranged attack).
He can take different numbers of 4 different types of guards. ie. he can take some of one type and a few of another etc. (I would recommend keeping it down to 10 members so they can ride in the archon's pimpin' raider). One is a big bug - 3 wound tank monster, one is a 4 armed shooty guard, one is a general cc one, and another is a retinue member that grants the entire retinue poison 2+ CC attacks.
To make things a bit difficult, ruleswise it is not a retinue, as the Archon can be singled out in a cc attack.

Wych Lord (Succubus)

Haemunculus
FNP

Haemunculus Ancient
(quite different from Haemunculus)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager
Fast, skimmer, open-topped, AV 11 11 10, can fire all three dark lances at cruising speed

Talos
In a standard and lighter version. Both similar size, no model in the near future. Lighter version is called Cronos or Parasite (?). When the Cronos kills a model with one of its weapons, it generates a pain token up to one per weapon per turn. You may chose to with nearby unit it goes.

Cronos (via warseer)
Weaker but cheaper Talos.
When it kills a model with one of it weapons you may choose a unit to add a Pain Point to. You can only get 1 point per weapon per Turn (3 max per turn)
Has 2 ranged weapons

Razorwing Fighter
Seem to be Skimmer, not flyers as previously said.They have aerial assault rules that mean they can move and fire all their weapons, they can also take a range of missiles. One of them: Implosion missiles, small blast, all models touched by it take a characteristics test on their wounds and if they fail it they instantly die. They can purchase up to four missiles of any of the following types and may be a mix of them. There are neurotoxin ones, imploding ones, soul stealing ones or something, and good old fashioned explosives.

Voidraven Bomber
Seem to be Skimmer, not flyers as previously said. It is armour 11 with duel strength 9 Ap 2 dark lances, can move 36 inches, fire all weapons when moving 12, can drop a strength 8 bomb along its flight path. Costs as much as Rhino plus Ravager.
They have aerial assault rules that mean they can move and fire all their weapons, they can also take a range of missiles. One of them: Implosion missiles, small blast, all models touched by it take a characteristics test on their wounds and if they fail it they instantly die. They can purchase up to four missiles of any of the following types and may be a mix of them. There are neurotoxin ones, imploding ones, soul stealing ones or something, and good old fashioned explosives.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:30 am

There is some really wicked shi... stuff there. I'm eager to see how it all meshes together! Does anyone know the exact release date?
Back to top Go down
Korrova
Neophyte
Korrova

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 pm

November 6th is the release date for the first wave.

Art of War will have a Codex, and preview copies of the warriors, raider, and bikes on or around October 20th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
krak_kirby
Neophyte
krak_kirby

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:08 am

I wonder how much the raider kit and the warrior and wych box sets will run? Unless the points have changed a lot, anyone hoping to have 2500 points for Ard Boyz is looking at 12 to 15 raiders/ravagers and a bunch of troop boxes. I think it's amazing they have remade the whole army range, but the initial investment is gonna be painful. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Korrova
Neophyte
Korrova

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:22 am

For those that were interested. Here are all the known releases, with numbers, dates and prices. AoW will be doing standard pre-orders with discounts and will have them on the release dates.

Codex: Dark Eldar (English) 96pp Book 6-Nov-10 $29.00
Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors 10 Fig Box 6-Nov-10 $24.75
Dark Eldar Wyches 10 Fig Box 6-Nov-10 $24.75
Dark Eldar Raider 1 Fig Box 6-Nov-10 $33.00
Dark Eldar Incubi 5 Fig Box 6-Nov-10 $29.75
Dark Eldar Archon 1 Fig Blister 6-Nov-10 $15.00
Lelith Hesperax 1 Fig Blister 6-Nov-10 $15.00
Dark Eldar Reavers 3 Fig Box 6-Nov-10 $34.75
Dark Eldar Hellions 5 Fig Box 20-Nov-10 $24.75
Dark Eldar Ravager 1 Fig Box 20-Nov-10 $49.50
Dark Eldar Mandrakes 5 Fig Box 20-Nov-10 $29.75
Urien Rakarth 1 Fig Blister 20-Nov-10 $15.00

Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:16 am

40K NEWS: Dark Eldar Preview Codices Arrive!

Posted by Bigred at Saturday, October 09, 2010

So now that you've all gotten a chance to appreciate the goodness, let the conversation begin.

So lets start off with some basics.

1) The transports are pricy! Pricy enough to make me think the days of Raider spam may be done. Now limited Raiders for maneuvering or getting key folks into position to quickly throw down webway portals may be viable, but compare the costing of these to say Chimeras and Rhinos and its not looking good. Venoms are not as cheap as expected also detracting from the viability of massed mechanized MSU builds.

2) Like the Space Marine codex, I would expect many of the special characters to become staples. If you can't easily spam Raiders, them making fast units like Hellions scoring is suddenly a real consideration. I don't know what a lot of the nasty viable builds will look like but there seems to be various avenues to a fast lethal army. I could see Hellion/Wych combos being nasty with Warriors possibly filling the Grey Hunter role in the codex.

3) What mobility may be lost in the high price of the transports seems to be made up in the Heavy Support flyers. Moving at cruising speed with all weapons firing and jetting away up to 36" will make it very difficult to hide your vehicles sides and rear with any reliability. Also those missiles are very anti-elite troops in keeping with the existing Dark Eldar abilities.

I'm liking what I'm seeing on the Scourges. Lots of mobile anti-personnel and anti-vehicle options.

Thats just first impressions off the cuff. What are you folks thinking as particulary effective lists as you get the gears turning.

Back to top Go down
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Pricey vehicles eh? That surprises me as mech has become king in this edition. Maybe they have new cheaper transports they haven't made models for or revealed yet? I mean they still haven't released have of the nid stuff that's in the codex.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 pm

I think with the bugs, GW thought it would be easy to make your own Swarmlord out of a Hive Tyrant, The Doom out of a Zoan, Tervigons and a Tyrannofex out of Carnifex's. Everything you need is in other box sets.

I made my own 3 out of the 4... not much into the T-fex.
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 am

Pricey transports? I will look at the new codex but this alone may completely change my enthusiasm for this release. The current game has made the mech list the thing to beat and GW is going to screw the DE by making their transports expensive and STILL paper thin. I dont care how fast they move if they can still be taken out by throwing enough low cost dice spam at them. Looks like Dark Matter spam is said to be going away....well given the current meta game of mech lists, it means that if the speculation is true (i.e they look like they are really good at destroying elite infantry), DE will be worthless. I will hold off ebaying my army off until I see the new codex, but the rumors are diconcerting.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:51 am

Don't give up too much hope, quick, even though they are making the transports a little more expensive doesn't mean that you can't necessarily take them, and there may be some things that balance that negative aspect out. Not every army needs to have a bunch of mech to be successful, and maybe that's what they are trying to go for with DE. I, for one, would rather not see another army that throws 30 vehicles on the table and won't get out of them.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:21 am

Raiders are +5 points. They went up a whole five points. Apparently Bell of Lost Souls thinks five points is "pricey".

People are saying raider squad spam is no longer viable because only ten-man raider squads can have a dark lance. That's only an issue if you play that one particular cheese list (the one that pretty much every dark eldar player plays right at the moment). If you want to do anything else with raiders then you should not have any problems.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news   dark - Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar warrior pic & codex news
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2