CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11

Go down 
+2
Rogue4525
CJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 Empty
PostSubject: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Would love to hear how this went!!!
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Lou came in 1st at 4-0.
Rick, Sean, Dan, and Brian all finished 3-1, and the tiebreak was control points, so the final standings were:
Lou
Rick
Dan
Sean
Brian

We had a great event, and I hope everyone had a good time Smile.
Back to top Go down
BoomFex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Awsome event.
Well Run
My experiance:

Round 1 I played against Jorge's Kreoss list. A combination of the Old Witch having stealth and her feat shutting him down long enough for me to clear most of his models off the board gave me the W.

Round 2 was against Sean's Mohsar list. An early failed assassination attempt by Sean followed by above average shooting sealed Mohsar's fate under the Behemoths bombards.

Round 3 was against Lou and Mortenebra. I was doing terrible damage to his army and thought that I was safe when I feated...don't ever feel like you are safe when you are playing against Lou. He will probably make you pay for it.

Round 4 was against little Sean and his Ravyn list. My opponents lack of playing experience at 75pts hurt him a lot. Numerous activations out of order...he even forgot to activate his caster turn 2. 75pts is tough when you are staring down the barrel of that many Khador guns.

Highlights: The mage hunter strike force killing my entire unit of Winter Guard Rifle Corps in one activation. Playing against Mohsar on a desert board. Feeling like I might beat Lou. And listening to Sean bitch for 20min about the unfairness of control points for tiebreakers.

MVP: The Behemoth, the only jack that I brought to the entire tournament never got engaged in Melee but rained bombards like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:43 am

NICE!!! Sounded awesome. I'll be up with 15 pts Friday night if I get my other 2 Retribution models in before Friday. I played Ret before I got out last summer and decided to come back with them. They were a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Neophyte
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Even though I went 1-3 I still had a good time.

My breakdown:

Round 1: eKaya 25pts

An early failed charge from the warpwolf stalker on Kaya's feat turn and proper spread of my MHSF really hurt him as the druids were picked off and the pureblood was slammed into the stalker with the House Shyeel Magister. The manticore proceeded to end the stalker as I finished the game on a scenario win.

Round 2: eThagrosh 35pts

I was up against Leugers eThag list. I had played it before at 50pts so I knew a bit of what to expect. I lost most of the MHSF on turn 1 as I did not have them properly out of range of feated shredders. After chewing through 6 of the 8 shredders (my numbers may be off) and injuring the close scythean I was not able to retreat Rayvn far enough away to get away from a scythean charge and Manifest Destiny did its job. Loss.

Round 3: eHaley 50pts

Another list I've played against a little. Radial deployment rather messed with me as I don't think I put things on the line well. Sacrifice was the scenario and it started ok. An early few shots on the lancer managed to get its arc node but not until after it had done its job arcing Time Bomb into the MHSF and the Gun Mages cle4aned up as they broke and fled. I lost this game on scenario after I took down 5 Storm knights and 3 or 4 gunmages with Rayvn alone (Was spectacular as this was the first time I got to see this in action).

Round 4: Old witch 75pts

Dan pretty much summed this up. General lack of experience on this point level really hurt me. Highlights though: MHSF killing an entire unit of Rifle corps then systematically whittling down the WGI through Sac pawn from Kovnik Joe and Take-up from the banner. My Destor thane weathering charges from 2 manhunters and eEiryss. Lost on scenario but I can only blame myself.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:56 pm

This was really a very fun event.

Round 1: Mark with pKreos
He had Zealots, but I knew what I was in for. They ran up under mini-feat and can't be targeted by spells. So, I can't do much of anything to them. But they were short of engaging anything. I feat and run everything around his army next to Kreos. Feat goes off and two shredders and a scythean make it to Kreos. Vengence is mine after Cincicon.

Round 2: Sean with Ravyn
He ADed his Mage Hunter Strike Force and I knew the problems they could be. Especially with two Assassins right next to them. I moved my army uP a little too far. The assassins charge the Scythean, fail to kill it. Next round I eat the assassins and strike force and heavy jack. Ravyn and the Invictors try to do some damage, but I have too many threats left. Shredders clear a path to Ravyn for a Scythean.

Round 3: Brian and Borka?

Radial deployment isn't something I had practiced. I deploy as center as I can. Trolls being so slow I had to make a stutter advance to be in optimal range. I feated early, but with Borka at ARM 23 the shredders couldn't do much. So I tried to eat/engage as much of his army as possible. He in turn killed a lot of shredders and a Scythean. In doing so, Brian left Borka behind a rock wall, but at ARM 21. I got a Scythean there and between Manfist Destiny and double boosting I was able to achieve victory. I did remember Shane complaining of Brian's luck with tough rolls, so I activated Slaughterhouse on the Scythean to deny tough.

Round 4: Lou with Mortenebra

As tricker as we all know Lou's Morty list is, this game turnEd into a knock down drag out fight int the center right of the board. He ran the raiders in my face with the rest of his army following. I feat and rabid shredders go to town. The raiders were completely wiped out. I killed some blood witches and put a big hurt on some of his jacks. He in turn killed a bunch of shredders, and two heavies including Typhon. I wreaked some more jacks, but overcommit eThags. Death Jack finishes the game.

I think playing Lou at the final table was the highlight of the day for me. I wasn't sure about my 75 point list, but it worked ou great. I just needed to be more wary of some of Cryx's key pieces and I think it might have had a different outcome. The best was neutering the Nightmare for the entire game. He had no impact what so ever.

A big thank you to Chad for running such a awesome event. Also to my opponents. Every one of them were great and gave me some really tough games. I look forward to seeing them on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Neophyte
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm

What did you end up doing to neuter Nightmare?
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:16 pm

On my feat turn, I loaded him down with shredders. He preyed eThag, and the shredders kept him from getting into a prey charge lane.
Back to top Go down
Servo
Neophyte
Servo

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Are the current standings posted somewhere? Is this even the right website anymore?

So confused...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11   Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday's steamroller 4/30/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warmachine/Hordes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: