CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Imp Guard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

guard - First Imp Guard Empty
PostSubject: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 8:52 am

Ok, this is my first Imp Guard that I've painted, and now that I think about it, the first WIP I've posted on this board Cool

So, I did a theme similar to what I've done with the Ultramarines that I have, as this is going to be an Imp Guard army that the Ultramarine worlds send, from this in the UM fluff:
"In the case of Ultramar however, the Ultramarines rule so efficiently and are so prosperous that they maintain several hundred regiments ready to join the Imperial Guard when needed. As a result regiments have fought all over the galaxy, often in campaigns alongside the Ultramarines themselves."

guard - First Imp Guard KarskinSergeant

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 8:58 am

Very Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 11:51 am

Not bad at all, the flesh looks a bit dark though, but it seems that is the style you go for on a lot of your minis.

He'll look great on the tabletop!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Ok, I painted a bit today since I didn't want to go out in the snow, and this is the full unit (sorry about the bad pic, I'm still trying to get a grasp on taking pics of minis....)

guard - First Imp Guard Unit1

Oh, and Matt, yeah his skin is a little dark, though I think the way I'm taking the pics makes it look darker. Though, for some reason, out of everything, skin seems to be the most difficult thing for me to paint....
Back to top Go down
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptySat Dec 15, 2007 11:11 pm

they look pretty good. for skin using ink washes help me a lot.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 12:54 am

It looks as if an ink wash has been used, but applied too thickly or something.

It needs to lighten up again unless that is the tone you are going for.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 am

Well, it's not exactly the look I'm going for, but when I use it watered down more, it never defines the details on the face... Usually I use just water and Flesh Wash. This was Flesh Wash, a very small amount of Chestnut Ink, and water. Though, the camera did make it look a little darker than it is... Not enough to make a difference with much, but enough to where it isn't as dark as it seems....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Imp Guard   guard - First Imp Guard Empty

Back to top Go down

First Imp Guard
Page 1 of 1