CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th

Go down 
+2
Marc
Toby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Toby
Neophyte
Toby

tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th Empty
PostSubject: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:49 am

Hey guys. This is Toby (the ginger from Dayton) for those who know me. A couple of friends and I are opening a new game store in Centerville, south of Dayton, and are planning a tournament on July 30th as part of our grand opening celebrations. It's a 5,800 sq. ft. store with 18 gaming table available, so I'm hoping to get close to 36 players for our first tournament. It's $20 which includes a pizza lunch, and all entry fees will be given out as prizes. The basics are below and I'll post missions shortly.

Call the store at 937-436-7305 or email me at Toby@epiclootgames.com to sign up. Let me know if I missed anything, and I hope to see quite a few of you July 30.

Epic Loot Grand (opening) Tournament
1850 40k Tournament
July 30th
9130 Dayton-Lebanon Pike
Centerville OH 45458
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic-Loot-Games-and-Comics/191255594242997

$20 Entry Fee (Includes pizza lunch). Space for up to 36 players. Swiss pairings will be used and first round will be random except to avoid pairing people who come together.

Minimum prizes as follows (will double if we get at least 20 players):
1st Place $100, 2nd Place $50, Players Choice $50, plus random door prizes

3 rounds
11 AM Check-In, 11:30- 1:30 1st Round, 1:30-2:15 Lunch, 2:30- 4:30 Round 2, 4:45-6:45 Round 3

1st and 2nd place decided only on battle points tallied (Win=6 pts. Draw=3 pts. Loss=1pt) plus any bonus points.

Last edited by Toby on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://epiclootgames.com/
Toby
Neophyte
Toby

PostSubject: Missions for the July 30th Tournament   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:50 am

Missions
A massive earthquake at the long overrun squat homeworld has revealed an abandoned munitions depot. In hopes of discovering usable weapons and technology, your forces have been dispatched to lay claim to the area. On approach, you discover enemy forces have detected the seismic activity and are en route as well. Seeking to seize the initiative, your forces deploy quickly to the planet below.

Round 1 Strategic Positioning
The first step to securing the planet is establishing control over strategic positions near the munitions depot. Your forces fan out to secure cover and clear fire lanes before enemy forces can take advantage of them.

Deployment -Spearhead

Victory Conditions- Table quarters. Center 1’ circle counts as a 5th table quarter. Player with the most KP’s in a quarter claims the quarter. Non transport troop units count as 2 KP’s for these purposes. A unit cannot count toward multiple quarters, but the player can choose which quarter a unit straddling multiple quarters occupies.

Bonus Points:
+1 for the player who has scored more kill points
+1 if a player controls 4 or 5 quarters

Round 2 Secret Mission
With the initial skirmishes complete, a choice awaits you and your command. Your forces can either strike the enemy in an attempt to degrade their capabilities before they can establish defensive positions or you can seize and dig in to defensible positions with your own forces.

Deployment –Dawn of War

Victory Conditions- Each player chooses either of the following to be his/her primary mission:
1. Annihilation – Standard kill points as per rulebook
2. Seize Ground- Control more of the 4 objectives

The player’s primary mission is chosen before any rolls are made, and should be written on provided sheets and set to the side.

If a player completes their primary mission and their opponent fails s/he gets a win.
If both players complete their primary mission, it is a draw.
If a player fails to complete their mission they score a loss. It is possible for both players to lose.

+1 for killing all of the enemy HQ’s
+1 for having more units in your enemy’s deployment zone

Round 3 The Depot
With positions established and the munitions depot in sight, all that remains is the final bloody push to control the depot itself. As the forces prepare to move out, your scouts bring a wild eyed bearded squat into your camp. It turns out he is one of a handful of survivors who has somehow managed to scrape out a solitary existence on this planet for years. You initially dismiss his offers to join you in exchange for beer. Until you see the gleaming weapon at his side that is.

Deployment –Pitched Battle

Victory Conditions- Claim the center objective. Player with the most troop units with a model within 6” of the center of the table is victorious.

Special Rules:
Squat Survivor
Each player will be provided a squat model for the game who uses the following profile:

Ws Bs S T Wo I A Ld Sv
4 4 3 4 1 2 1 9 4+

Independent character
He is armed with a close combat weapon and an EMP launcher.

EMP Launcher
The EMP launcher is Heavy 1, 48” range, large blast. For any vehicle touched by the large blast template, roll a d6 with the following results: 1-No Effect, 2-5- Glancing Hit, 6- Penetrating Hit. No saves of any kind can be taken against this. The weapon has no effect on non vehicle units.

Bonus Points:
+1 if you destroy at least one vehicle with the EMP Launcher
+1 for killing all enemy fast attack units
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 am

Congrats on your business opening!

Tourney looks fun.. and who doesn't love Squats (EMP launcher work on Dreads, no?)

Also, any prize support for painting?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Toby
Neophyte
Toby

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks!

EMP Launcher works on anything with an Armor Value so that includes Dreads.

I should have clarified that Player's Choice is really the best painted/favorite army vote. We'll also have door prizes related to painting/modeling (Best conversion, best single figure, etc.).

As for who doesn't love Squats, unfortunately those limey bastards at GW Wink
Back to top Go down
keeblerpowell
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 am

count me in sir!!!

I would also like to get in some pratice games.

anyone who is up for it can shoot me an email @ hydro360@hotmail.com

this sould be a super fun event. I will be playing nids (gasps heard from everywhere!!! lol)
Back to top Go down
Toby
Neophyte
Toby

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 am

Meet with the fire marshall today and Epic Loot Games has officially passed its fire inspection and is now open for business

I already know of several people coming in on Sunday to get in some games of 40k. As always, would be great to see more. I'll post some pictures and more info in another grand opening thread. It's much more impressive in person though, so I encourage you to stop by and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Once upon a time long ago the Tin Solider located in the Centerville area?
Back to top Go down
Toby
Neophyte
Toby

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 am

Yep. Tin Soldier was there years ago although on the other side of town. No relation to them at all though.
Back to top Go down
dewen
Neophyte
dewen

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 am

What was the turnout and results of the first big tourney?
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:33 am

I think there was 10-12 players at this one. Been awhile ago so not positive. dewen you can look in ML tourney calander section and it will at least show you where your ML battle brothers placed. They have another one coming up in Dec., 2000 pts. connected with their Iron Builder event but this one is open to everyone. It's posted on the ML site, not alot of info yet besides date 12/17, time ? and $10.00 entry fee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th   tournament - Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th Empty

Back to top Go down

Epic Loot WH40K Tournament July 30th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: