CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
radicaledward101
Neophyte

Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)   Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello! I'm new! It looks like the "Say Hello" area is deprecated or at least turned off for now.

I'm a MtG player who just moved to Milford, OH from Columbus, OH. I will be continuing to drive back to there quite often for family stuff, but this is my home now.

I've always been interested in starting in on miniatures stuff and I've started to lock in on playing Warhammer Fantasy.

I've been to EGC and I talked to somebody there (can't remember who). They told me they could probably teach me and that I should post up here.

I'm considering starting out with either High Elves or Wood Elves, but I'm open to suggestions for a different race. If there is a race no one in the area plays, I would be up for picking that race just to add diversity.

Any suggestions on what I should do to get started? I want to do a couple of demos before committing to any big purchases.

I will be at EGC this weekend for the MtG Prerelease and I should be available to play before and after. I can also come in for a demo or whatever some other time.

Thanks!

Last edited by radicaledward101 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)   Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:52 am

Welcome to the forums! If you want a good primer on WFB, just talk to Sean (Makari). I'm sure he would be able to help you figure out what you'd like to play in that system, he's pretty good at it Smile He's been helping me with figuring out my Vampire Counts army, and he's real close to you there in Milford.
Back to top Go down
radicaledward101
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)   Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 am

Just realized I was saying and writing ECG instead of EGC... woops
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)   Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Welcome thanks for coming to the boards!!!
I believe we talked briefly at EGC the other day.
As far as finding something that people do not play just to have something different, I would discourage that personally.
Mainly because there is probably a reason why people don't play the army and it may be for the reason why you may not enjoy it.
Instead look at the armies see what interests you and start there.
I'll list some Regulars to the game or at tournies in Cincy below and the Armies they use that I can remember each may own more armies:
Dave Ewen: Vampire Counts; has High Elves & Ogre kingdoms too
Dave Crobar: High Elves, Dark Elves
Sean Witten: Building Tomb Kings
Brian Seabolt: Orc & Goblins, Skaven,
Ronnie Marcum: Vampire Counts
Jon "QuickFuse" Bretonnia
Jon Pittman: Skaven
Meredydd: Orcs & Goblins
Josh: Chaos Warriors
Jason: Bretonnia, Lizardmen
John G.: Orc & Goblin
Joe Schmidt: Vampire Counts
Joe ???: Dwarves
Clint: Demons, Beastmen lol
Brandy:High Elves
Randy:Orcs & Goblins
Sean Makari: Orc & Goblin, Empire, Wood Elf, Bretonia, Dwarf, Chaos Warrior, Demons, Lizardmen,

I'll see you this weekend I'm sure and we can discuss more then!

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)   Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area) Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Started (I'm in the EGC area)
Page 1 of 1