CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Hulk Redux

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Space Hulk Redux Empty
PostSubject: Space Hulk Redux   Space Hulk Redux EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 am

Some time ago during 4th Edition 40k Games Workshop had on their site Space Hulk Redux. I don't know if they got rid of it because of the board game or 5th Edition coming out. For whatever reason finding a copy of the article has been horribly elusive. If anyone has a copy of it I'd be eternally grateful.

Right now reviewing Kill Team stuff from the last 40k rule book and two White Dwarf with expanded rules. Looking for inspiration and all that.

So far the modular sci-fi ship/hulk "dungeon" has been progressing well and might even be useable after the next several hundred castings of the hirst art molds. Experimenting on the color scheme has been bloody murder.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Space Hulk Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk Redux   Space Hulk Redux EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:05 am

I'm not sure how exactly you want to follow the Space Hulk rules, and I can't remember the contents of the Space Hulk Redux rules, but Kill Zone works pretty darned good. Myself, Scott Finke and Jacob have used it to good effect with the Space Hulk terrain I won in an auction a while back. It's not "true" Space Hulk, since there are no action points, or move and shoot, etc, but it's pretty darned good for doing 40K in small squads.

Latest rules are here:
http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/2011/02/final-killzone-rules-update-for.html
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Space Hulk Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk Redux   Space Hulk Redux EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Thank you Green Jello. The material provides some good ideas, at least better than what the original board game has so far.

I'm leaning towards using the current rules or last with hopefully limited modifications to fit in the space hulk rhythm. Working out something to emulate the whole blip system will probably be the farthest out additions.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Space Hulk Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk Redux   Space Hulk Redux EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:03 am

Update: Apparently it was called Return to Space Hulk and I finally found a pdf someone put together of the basics.

Been thinking up some ideas how to get the manic feel of a hulk style fights, got a few ideas. Any opinions, feedback, or random thoughts welcomed.

Some General Game Mechanic Ideas:
  • Allow weapons with Assault or Heavy use the old sustained fire dice equal to the shot value. The number of Jams that show up would turn into that many turns the model would have to remain motionless to clear it.
  • Have Overwatch be an option for the Assault phase in lieu of running. Basically being able to shoot outside their turn.
  • Let people bring Bikes, Jetbikes, Jump Infantry. Their movement in the big corridors (and rooms using the large doors) but require some kind of danger rolls based on how much over the six inch move they make. Jump infantry could go through the regular sized doors, one and two inch hallways.
  • Let models with Infiltrate and/or Scout enter from alternative locations. Like an airlock room or from a deeper part of the service ducts avoiding the main cargo bay area.
  • Models on 40mm (Terminator Stands) lose movement when passing through 1 inch wide doors, never being allowed to enter the narrow service ducts (the models can physically fit in a wobbly way right now)

Approaching the "Blips" Question: (since I have no intention of using the normal brute squad rules)
  • Use the breaking of Mutable and Immutable Laws to determine bonus upgrades that can be spent on blips when they become revealed. As in upgrades from Guants to Genestealers, weapon options, or some kind of localized hulk event.
  • Make the movement of Blips in some way contested. Hard to say if they should move like brutes squads in inches or by generic "sections" of the board. People in 3+ or better armor and no Infiltrate have a penalty. Maybe let people who have Stealth get a bonus.
  • Still waffling if the blips should be marked on the bottom with a set value or just random rolls.

Force/Kill Team Composition:
  • 200 points using the 4th edition Kill Team rules along with the white dwarf article on suggested allowing multi-wounds and psychers.
  • Keep HQs as a hard NO rule.
  • Maybe give forces that at best have 4+ saves more points (like +50 pts) and forces with 5+ (maybe +100 pts), since they'll be taking allot of casualties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Space Hulk Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk Redux   Space Hulk Redux Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Hulk Redux
Page 1 of 1