CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

750 point space marine army list. Any tips?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FighttoDeath13
Neophyte

750 point space marine army list. Any tips? Empty
PostSubject: 750 point space marine army list. Any tips?   750 point space marine army list. Any tips? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Hey all, I've had a space marine army for about 3 years, and hardly anyone to play with; but recently my friends got into the game, and have walloped me every time. I've played 6 games and lost them all. So today I set about building an army list to hopefully stand a bit more of a chance. The three armies that I play against are Orks, Space wolves, and Grey Knights. here is my army, let me know what you think, and how I can improve it.

HQ
Master of the forge
Servo-harness

100 pts

Troops
10 man tactical squad 170 pts
flamer
missile launcher
rhino transport with 2x stormbolters 45 pts

215 pts

lascannon 10 pts

180 pts

5 man scout squad 75 pts
4x snipers

75 pts

Heavy Support

5 man Devastator squad 90 pts
2x missile launchers 30 pts
1 plasma cannon 25 pts
1 lascannon 35 pts

grand total of 750 points. Tell me what you guys think. Is the army good? powerful? weak? need improvement? if so how and why and how can I fix it. I can use any pointers you have. Also if you have any tips on tactics I should use with this army those would be helpful as well. Thank you all.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: 750 point space marine army list. Any tips?   750 point space marine army list. Any tips? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:57 pm

A few things stand out to me:

1) Don't mix weapons in your dev squad. With combat squads you can split them up, which means 2 of each isn't that bad, but your current config isn't that hot. Las-cannons make more sense in tac squads, since they're cheaper, and you usually only need a single hit to do some good.

2) Need to get a second special weapon in the second tac squad. With that range of opponents, just about anything would be good.

3) You might want to swap out the sniper rifles for cc scouts. Sniper rifles are pretty useless against power armor.
Back to top Go down
FighttoDeath13
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 750 point space marine army list. Any tips?   750 point space marine army list. Any tips? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 pm

HQ
Master of the forge
Servo-harness

100 pts

Troops
flamer
missile launcher
sergeant with combi-flamer, and powersword 25 pts
rhino transport with 2x stormbolters 45 pts

240 pts

lascannon 10 pts,
meltagun 5 pts

185 pts

5 man scout squad 75 pts
4x combat blades

75 pts

Heavy Support

5 man Devastator squad 90 pts
4x missile launchers 60 pts

150 pts

750 total.

I changed out the devs to all missile launchers, and put a meltagun in the second tactical squad. I used the extra 25 points left over to arm the first tactical squad's sergeant with a combi-flamer, and a power weapon because my main intent for them is to advance into CC. I also gave the scouts close combat weapons as you said but have a question about them because I have never armed scouts with close combat weapons. Does this mean that they gain an attack each( originally having one with the bolt pistol, and now a second with the combat blade)? With the combat scouts i'll intend to infiltrate, or if I deploy second, use the rhino for some cover as I advance.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: 750 point space marine army list. Any tips?   750 point space marine army list. Any tips? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Looks like a much better approach, and yes, they get a second attack for the close combat weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 point space marine army list. Any tips?   750 point space marine army list. Any tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

750 point space marine army list. Any tips?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: