CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest Rumors

Go down 
+2
Warmonger
CJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

anyone heard anything new for Tau or a possible release date?
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 am

40K RUMORS: Tau (You read that right)!

Its time for some more out of left field rumors flying around the tubes regarding the Tau Empire. Hint, hint - these also refer to the Squats... ie Demiurg.

via Warseer's stinger989

HQ choices are used to unlock units for troops, so a commander in a crisis suit unlocks crisis suits as troops, an etheral unlocks fire warriors, shaper unlocks kroot, demiurg commander for demiurg as troops.

crisis suits-
mostly same stats but now 3 wounds
come with every gun option and you can choose what weapon systems you fire every round. cost (land speeder + extra HB) per model, squad size max 5

broadsides-
can take network markerlights instead of the missiles on their arms

Only the commander can take a shield generator. The shield generator functions exactly like the shadowfield for the dark eldar. 2+ until missed

Also...

Drones are no longer bought as wargear. They are bought as a unit and then divided as you see fit that the start of the match. You can mix your drones when bought for the point cost needed. This addresses the Drone Squadrens etc as an option.

So you could see who your playing and decided if your shield drones are needed more on the crisis or the broadsides.

One markerlight can fire the seekers off one model. Seekers replentish and are no longer one use items. = Skyrays will be the new WIN (only able to fire one model a round.. so no chain firing tons of missiles off a skyray)

He is right, nothing is troops until you unlock it with a HQ or character.

From my understanding ... 1 markerlight = 1 unit may use it to fire missiles. Thus 1 light = 1 skyray unloading its payload, 2 for two skyrays. Also I am pretty sure they fire from the tank so they will hit the armor the ray is facing. Stinger correct me if I am wrong?

The thing I think people are missing when they compair them to longfangs is. You can hide a skyray and have it dump its payload all day long.

Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm

so any time frame on this??? Quite excited but this is old news from April I do beleive.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:47 am

Yes, but with GW's lock down on rumors I don't think there is much else out there.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

Necrons (Q4-2011)
Tau Empire (Q1-2012)
6th Edition/ Chaos Marines (Q2-3-2012)
Eldar (Q4-2012)

Bigred wrote:
Quote :
It had been a tossup between a xenos codex and 6th Edition for late Q1-Q2, but then again, Games workshop likes to spread new editions out slowly over the summer months (rulesbook in early summer, boxed set in late), so that would leave the late Q1 slot open to something. I'm betting Tau Empire is a relatively easy update. Its easy to see what needs to move over to plastic from metal, and the addition of a flyer and some new "big kit" is probably a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am

via Dakka's MarikLaw

He/She wouldn't go into specifics, but said that a lot of what had been said online was true, some of it wasn't entirely correct, and some of it was correct but just worded extremely poorly to a point where it made the rule seem more complex than it actually was or made the rule seem somehow different. He/She said he/she had played games using the new rulebook and said that the games didn't take much longer to complete than they already are, if anything they were making a point that some of the more convoluted rules have been streamlined and some of the rules that were "too basic" got changed as well. He/She said that, if anything, the game feels much more strategic with the new rulebook, though he/she did say that some of the rules take "a bit of getting used to."

EDIT: Codex books won't be invalidated by the new rules apparently, but the new rulebook will come with an FAQ section for each already existing army to clarify any confusion or mix-ups in concern to the new rules.

Also, to those worried about the lack of Imperial releases, my source did say that new models and finecast were coming out over the next year for a few Imperial loyalist armies, including Imperial Guard, and that after Eldar we'd be, and I quote, "sick of Imperial releases."

As for why they chose certain armies over armies that needed it more (Dark Angels, Black Templars, etc), it was apparently due to lore/fluff reasons. Chaos is going to be a major threat come 6th Edition to everyone, not just the Imperium, and apparently they (Chaos) will have a front against the Tau Empire, hence why Tau are getting a release before-hand. The perspective/narrative is also changing apparently and it won't be only or heavily Imperial, he/she said that GW wanted to make some of the other "good" races (Tau Empire, Eldar) feel just as important as the Imperium when it comes to lore/fluff and the fate of the galaxy. This was apparently some of the reasoning behind why Tau Empire and Eldar are getting books before armies like Dark Angels and Black Templars.

As for the actual Tau Empire rules, all my source was willing to say was that a good deal of the rumours currently on the internet about Tau are true, but that some were false or just poorly worded, and that he/she couldn't give out or confirm/deny specifics as he/she "might get in trouble." Apparently, some GW staff are allowed to leak certain details to the public via the internet, but are very specific as to what is allowed to be said by who.

Just asked my source about the two Chaos books ghost21 mentioned. He said that Legions was coming first and that Renegades would first get a WD article soon after that and that a new Codex would come out later (about 1-2 years after the WD article).

For those worried that Tau Empire aren't going to be as mean as a post-6th Edition Codex, fear not. From what my source said, the last several Codex books are going to have "the shortest FAQs in the rulebook" as they were "designed with the 6th Edition rules in mind."

Hmmm, a lot of this falls into the "reasonable educated guess" category of rumors, with few new details. For me the big picture trends to note are the continued assumption of 6th in the middle of next year, mention of Chaos LEGIONS (as opposed to Chaos MARINES), and further chatter regarding Q1 Tau and Q3-4 Eldar.

Please pass the salt!
Back to top Go down
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte
yrddraiggoch

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Hmmm. In the middle of a full blown Tau paint job overhaul right now. I wonder if I should hold off a little and work on something else instead, such as Orks or DE.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:38 am

More stuff, take with your daily dose of salt.

via ghost21 @ warseer;

Regarding Tau:

...the demmiurg are there as are a bizzare race, the vespid get 2 slots, and the kroot get an aditional

...well if you insist, 1 hq 1 troop and possibly 1 other unit

...the preliminary rules make demiurg equal to banshees in combat?... without the scream thing though

...ok one more the demiurg ancients , think of them as cranky old wise men who saw the imperium in its infancy they had seen the eldar come n go, n thought it was another decadent empire... though they normally take hundreds of years to make a decision... the tau have something special the demiurg like

Regarding Chaos:

...the first thing i have to say is that there are 2 chaos books planed
one more renagade based the other legion based the legion one will be that, dudes who are 10000 years old kicking ass n taking names

there "may" be a inquisitor who's gone bad but really expect new guys in the renegade one. its lost and the damned influenced... but it has other options....

..."Chaos Legions as an uber-elite army, probably comparable to Grey Knights in that regard?" - YES

"and a second book that deals with Chaos Renegades, that includes Chaos Guard, or might even focus on non-marine chaos?" - YES

...little horus?.... you could be onto something

Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 pm

via Warseer's Lord Commissar Aquila

1. The Eldar dex will be out right before the release of 6th edition. Phil Kelly is the writer, which is why he wasn't able to write up the Cron codex.

2. 6th Ed will be released in June or July of next year (2012) if everything goes to plan; its currently in playtesting right now.

3. The starter set might be the Fall of Damnos, but he said he wasn't completely sure it would be set there. It will include Space Marines, of course.

4. CSM will get one of the newest dexes in 6th, right after the Marine dex.

5. Tau and BT will get a release soon after CSM; other races updated in 5th will not be updated in 6th as their rules (at least from Guard onwards) are allready suited for 6th. Ward will probably do the BT and might do Tau as well. DA will probably not be updated anytime soon, because its not a popular army and GW does not want to waste money updating one or more armies that almost no one plays with a separate dex.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:12 pm

40K RUMORS: Tau Latest

So lets step a back and take a look at where we are on Tau Empire. Here's what's doing the rumormill rounds now:

via warseer's TastyFish

Here's the juicy latest stuff:

Tau Updates
New Special Character "Iceheart"

Crisis suits have been completely redesigned (not just recut sprues and ankle tweaks), less boxy and including a 'morphic weapon'

New sniper suit

Shas'O get a stealth armour option, may be an experimental suit like Shadowsuns, or the experimental suit might be a third option

Allies and Auxiliaries

Vespids get two slots (unknown if this is an additional two, or two overall). Kroot get an additional unit

No Knarloc riders,though perhaps something big (new WFB monster-szied) for the Kroot

Maybe minor psychic powers for Shapers or Shaper like character this is something Ghost has heard from other people and not stated directly

Demiurg have 1 HQ, 1 troop and maybe 1 else. Presumably the Elite choice mentioned elsewhere

Demiurg ancients are a thing Probably HQ, but could also be the elite unit

Possible Demiurg elite choice

Wave 1 Minis
4 box sets, and 4 blisters in wave 1

Demiurg plastic box
Battlesuit plastic box
Vespid plastic box(?)
Assault transport(?)

Demiurg ancient blister
New Tau SC blister
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:02 am

Wow Tau might be cool again!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Cat Fashions
Neophyte
Cat Fashions

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:10 pm

If you guys haven't seen them yet, I guess they're releasing the models for the Beastmen big boys and the Mangler sometime in December:

Mangler Squig:
Latest Rumors MQMmS
(its on a 60mm base)

Ghorgon:
Latest Rumors W1HF4

Cygor:
Latest Rumors PKw0X

Jabberslythe:
Latest Rumors GsRsx

The Mangler and Jabberslythe are resin and the Ghorgon and Cygor are a multiplastic kit.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Latest Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Rumors   Latest Rumors EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:22 am

Mangler is AWESOME! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord