CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey how's it going

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Wolf
Neophyte
Ghost Wolf

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

Hi all!
My name is Tim, and I am new to the site. I was at the Cincy Con 2012 40k Tournament, and really had a blast dispite not winning any matches. Since I just moved to the Cincy area, I thought I would try and make some connections and find people to play some 40k games with. If you want to know more about me just let me know.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome, Ghost Wolf! Don't feel too bad about not winning any matches at the Bash, I was in the same boat as you! I ended up having 2 IG tanks survive all 3 games, and only the last game at that... The first two I was tabled. Anyhow, just as long as you had a good time, right?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Wolf
Neophyte
Ghost Wolf

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Very true! It was a blast! In fact this was my first tournament ever. I guess I can atleast say for a newb I didn't completely get wiped, and I atleast made it interesting for my opponets. lol! I hope to keep learning and painting so next time I can be in the paint comp, and make more of a run at the game piece as well.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello and welcome! Don't feel to bad as the competition was pretty fierce this year. I won all my games and still finished 4th. Good times as always! Smile
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:21 pm

welcome to the forums! and thank you for coming to Cagbash I'm glad you had fun!. Having fun is the most important aspect when i run my events. Keep an eye out for upcoming events! Looking forward to seeing you around.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Tim!

What part of town are you in, and what army do you play?

Currently we've got a ton of good hobby shops in the Greater Cincinnati area. If you're on the westside I highly recommend Yottaquest. Lots of nice friendly folks, tons of gaming space, and the owner's a really nice guy. Usually there's a league or tournament or something going on, though it's been a bit quiet for the last month or so.

Over on the eastside we have Eastside Cards and Games, which is also a really nice place. Don't play over there personally, so I'm not sure what they they've got going on, but the store itself is really cool, owner's a nice guy, tons of space, lots of nice terrain. Sean/Makadi seems to make it his home, maybe he can chime in with some details.

In you're north of 275 there's a nice shop in Centerville/Dayton called Epic Loot, which is probably one of the largest in the area, and has a ton of stuff. It's a bit of a hike from most places in Cincinnati though.

Anyway, welcome to Cincinnati!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Wolf
Neophyte
Ghost Wolf

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm in Norwood, so the main places I go is to the GW in Hyde Park, and I also like the North Gate area, so I go to Yada Quest and Sci Fi City. I wouldn't mind going to other places. I just need to know when and where. As far as army, I play Space Wolves. I am still fairly new to the game, so if any of you don't mind playing with someone who still isn't 100% then let me know and I'd be glad to play a game or two. The only days that are real tough are Wednesdays and Sundays. I am a youth pastor, so I get pretty swamped then.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Norwood rocks! Bought a house there in '09, on Forest Ave, never happier. It's nice how close most of the local stores are, around 20 minutes no matter where.

EDIT: I'm a bit burnt out on 40K at the moment (it comes and it goes) so I've been playing a ton of Warmachine lately. In another 6 months or so I'll probably be interested again (new edition sounds cool).

FWIW, I noticed that they're running a 40K campaign league game at Yottaquest that's about to start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey how's it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey how's it going   Hey how's it going Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey how's it going
Page 1 of 1