CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*

Go down 
+11
Nathan
dan
Makari
Bojesphob
CJ
Mad Dok grotsnik
JMarv
Matt
Rhino-182
FrostWolf
Marc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:44 pm

With Ryan becoming evil, but Matt joining in, the "good" side has roughly 4,000 pts more than the "evil" side, but I don't know what Mack and Cal are bringing to the table (Warlord Titan is all I know) so the "evil" side is about 6,500 pts short. We need some serious discussion of teams at the beginning of the day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Plus, to be honest. I really won't be down with playing against a Warlord titan unless it is an accurate representation. Otherwise Apocalypse becomes "who can bring the biggest plastic toy to the board".

No need to be offended by this, it's just one of the things that separates this gaming group from the other group you guys are a part of.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 pm

yeah, i hated that group. sadly, they are slowly joining ours. i don't want to sound like a jerk, but i honestly don't really want to interact with them.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Heel Ryan! The reason people are leaving that group and joining this one is because this is better.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah, most of the guys over in the other group are younger. They were also taught to play a very different way than most of us were (not rules wise, just the vibe there).

I am really glad these guys are all coming over. We can all learn from each other.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Or, more likely they can learn from you guys. I really don't care, I just play to play.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:04 pm

i know, but if they don't change quickly, they will bring the bad habbits from that group, and quite frankly, i don't want it.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:05 pm

What bad habbits? I did my best over there to correct them, but it will be really easy to correct them here with a positive attitude.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:06 pm

that's true. sorry, just had to say what was on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Remember to think before you type young schaschwa. There are about 5 people from that group over here now, so people can change and learn.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 8:07 pm

I hate to get in the way of a good altercation, but I need to pull my card for the game tomorrow. Sorry about the late notice, but i am not sure i can make it on time. I will stop by later to see how things are going
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 8:39 pm

this seems like it is getting too big. i think it would be better if we divided into two smaller games. i'm not really interested in playing 25,000 points a side with 15 other people. that's just what i think though. can anyone else roll with that?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 8:43 pm

Probably best to just see what we end up with tomorrow.

We can decided from there. See everyone at 10.
Back to top Go down
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 4:22 am

I'm out as well, didn't realize we were starting at 10. I just now got home from Argosy so that's way too early for me. Have fun everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 9:04 am

hey if this is the game tody then i have 5k and ill be there
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 7:25 pm

i had a good time seeing everyone today. i also met some ney people which was cool (i can now match screennames with faces). the game wasn't great though.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah, as we all kind of agreed. Apocalypse really doesn't work when played like that.

I think it is best played with small teams, or even just 1v1 with one army on a side... or two that have a very good reason to be fighting together.

I'm kind of burned out on Apocalypse though.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 9:18 am

Matt wrote:
I'm kind of burned out on Apocalypse though.

You saw that coming Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Yeah I did. I feel like it needs way more planning.

Two days for a game would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 am

Wow, don't know if I would be able to do two straigh days... lol.... Even though there was a lot of sitting around and waiting, it was still cool to get my feet wet with the whole game thing Smile If we do a big group again, I would think it would be more interesting if we only used, say, 500 pts apiece and it would probably go quicker... Oh well, it was fun, though!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:56 am

only problem with 500 a piece in apoc is that it would 3k a side of crap. nothing that heavy hitting the table.

I think the trick is smaller teams. 2 max imo.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 am

We had 3k a side of 3 on 2 game at the house and it went well. That was on a 8'x4' board. What kind of area were you guys on?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 am

We had around 8k. On a 12x4. In future, we should get wider not longer... as it recommends.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Matt wrote:
...as it recommends.

Shocked
GW knew what they were talking about?!?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 4:06 pm

I think you can play with as many people we used but we need 2 things.... 1st is more points(yes more points per side) reason for this is it gets more involied on each side(more in the start and more brought in reserves mixes it up more) also we need more time to play the game so 2 days is almost a must(we would have to move it somewere more game friends so we could just leave the stuff and come back the next day without worry about something happening to it. Also we will have to undertstand that yea there will be waiting....so bring something to do weither it is a book or working on models, its just to kill time while waiting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next