CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ork Terrain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

terrain - Ork Terrain Empty
PostSubject: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 pm

ooh - a Terrain section!

I have been working on Ork Terrain for a while - I have a decent table-full now. I am approaching 'city-fight' density.

It started out as prep for a Planetstrike Game, and now I just like making it. I base it with thick chunks of MDF board (because I have alot of it sitting around, and why be sublte?) Plus MDF is heavy, so the terrain can't get bumped around during a game when you are moving models all the time... I have a junk box where pieces of crap terrain materials get tossed and when I am in the mood I whip out the hot glue gun and Mek one up. The plates and dags are mostly cardboard. Add rivets, lichen, Marine heads, battle gear, chains, detrius and gears. Lots of gears.

Spray it black, weather with metallic tempera and then you can paint in, add checkers (Mine are printed on crack & peel paper stock - I hate painting checks) and rust and some color. Ork stuff is never really finished - so it is a lot more like making collage art than actually modelling.

Da Tanks:

terrain - Ork Terrain DaTanks

Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Da Mek Shop

terrain - Ork Terrain DaMeksb

Da Powerhouse (while it is still just primed)

terrain - Ork Terrain DaWorks
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

PostSubject: Re: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Looking good scott! I always love your ork terrain, you're very creative.

BTW, I've been using a lot of weathering pigments recently. It makes for an incredible rough rusted look that you just can't get with paint alone. It also turns out it's fairly easy to do.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 am

Where do you get those pigments? Online - or does someone in town carry them? I'd rather just buy them locally if I can.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Wow looking good man!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork Terrain   terrain - Ork Terrain Empty

Back to top Go down

Ork Terrain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: Terrain Projects WIP and Completed-
Jump to: