CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELLLLERSH!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sgierach
Neophyte

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Hello All!

I'm Scott, Butler County native, currently living in Baltimore, MD. The family and I are moving back to the Cincinnati area here this summer. I got into WHF about a year ago, and I gotta be honest, I was a little spoiled. GWs NA Headquarters used to be up here, so we are just lousy with brick & mortar GW stores, and have a SUPER nice Battle Bunker down the road.

When we decided to move back home, I was a little bummed, as the only store I could find was in Columbus, although I understand there is one opening (opened?) down at Rookwood.

Trolling through here for a few mins, I've seen some other stores mentioned as well. I'd love to play in an indy store, as I assume they are less fascist regarding Reaper Models, and dealing with Neal @ The War Store.

Currently, I'm slowly (but surely) painting my way through about 4K worth of Dwarves. I've got the LM Battalion Box sitting here, and am trying to broker a deal for some Wood Elves. Aside from WHF, I play D&D (3.5, and I dig 4.0 as well), and Shadowrun.

So whats the scene in Cincinnati?
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Well welcom back home!

there is NO shortage of GW locations in Greater Cincinnati

Art Of War in Cherry Grove
Eastside Games In Milford
Yotta Quest in the North West
Sci Fi City in the West

and Yes, GW themselves opened up a tiny little shop(2 small tables) in Hyde Park Plaza- not Rookwood
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
CJ
Captain
Captain

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

Cant forget Up Up and Away over here on the West Side. Kendall is more than happt to convert a table to use.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:46 am

Welcome to cag! Always good to get fresh meat for warhammer fantasy!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
sgierach
Neophyte

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:17 am

That is OUTSTANDING!

I was convinced I was going to end up building my own table (something I'd still like to do when time permits), and teaching my 5yr old to play (something I'd still liek to do).

Is the tournament scene very active? Personally, I'm a fan of fluffly lists, but I'd like to play in some tourneys if the oppurtunity is there.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:32 am

there are plenty of people who have warhammer fantasy armies and do play but not a ton of people who play in the tournaments, but there is a tournament held at eastside games and cards every 2 months and at art of war they have tournaments as well.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Welcome back to cincy. We've had a bit of an explosion in recent years of game stores, and right now you can't see to swing a dead cat without hitting one. (I remember the bad old years a decade back when it was pretty much ACME, and Comic Book World).

I believe YottaQuest has also got a lot of WHF players, but I couldn't say personally, since I don't play. Their 40K stuff is usually pretty good, depending on what's going on.

Also, if you end up in West Chester or some place north of the 275 belt, there are a couple of good shops in Dayton. I've been spending a lot of time at Epic Loot playing Warmachine, and there's also Bookery, and probably a few I'm forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELLLLERSH! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLLLERSH!   HELLLLERSH! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELLLLERSH!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: