A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 am

Starting July 30th and ending Aug 30th.

Register on CAG (www.513CAG.com) or the Hyde Park Gamesworkshop Facebook Page.

Entry Fee: is Free!!!

Before Aug 30th you must Play 5 different People.

The Rules:

1,000 Points. Max

You do not have to have the same army for all 5 games. You could play Orks 1 game, Marines a next followed by necrons etc...

All Current Codices allowed. Any units marked/stamped Approved by GW/ Forgeworld Allowed!

Standard Force Organization Chart

You must Select your army list before you know what army you are playing. I suggest when your opponent shows up you hand a copy of your list to the Judge and he do the same to prevent any possible shennaigans...

Games are suggested to be played at the Hyde Park Gamesworkshop store, or any of the participating stores to be listed here soon. I will make a list of Judges that can judge a game or oversee the game if it is played at a different location. Results must be turned in right away to the judge and Battle reports to be posted on CAG forum or Facebook GW Hyde Park with in 5 days of playing

After 5 games the winner will be determined by the following critieria:

1.Wins/Losses/Draws- Who ever has the most Wins will win the Event. If multiple People are undefeated then proceed down the tie Breaker Criteria below. A win will be worth 3 Points, a Tie will be Worth 2 Points, A loss is worth 0 Points in determining W/L/D. These points are only relavent for w/l/d calculations and for Strength of schedule points.

2. Victory Points- The Victory Points earned from the missions from the main rule book will be recorded to determine tie breakers.

3. Strength of Schedule- This will be calculated by taking into account your opponents Win/Loss records. and comparing against everyone elses for tie breaker purposes.

4.Margin of Victories- How Badly or Close were you defeating your opponents.

5. Coin Toss



Roll Randomly for Missions as standard. In 40K ignore "Purge the Alien" result.

Each person may play each mission only once, But if it is not possible to play with out doubling up on a mission it is permissable to replay Crusade in 40K or in fantasy the 1st mission.



A prize will be Given to the Winner of this Event and will be announced a week before it ends.

A few door Prizes will be drawn for all participants plus some bonus prizes. See below:

For every game you play that you write a Battle Report Either on Cincinnati Arsenal Gaming or Facebook for Hyde park Gamesworkshop. You will receive 3 Victory points (40K) or 200 Victory points (Fantasy) at the end of the event for determinng tie breakers. Also your name will be entered to win a special Prize only for those who write Battle Reports. Pictures (Minimum 5 Pics) with your Battle reports will earn an additional chance to win the special drawing Prize... Think Apoc or Monster... just a hint for the prize!!!

For every person you play that you never met before this event you will receive a chance at winning a Newcomer prize. The prize here is secret too! But useful to any Hobbyist!!!

Feel Free to contact me on CAG (www.513CAG.com)

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
CJ
Captain
Captain


Posts : 2334
Join date : 2007-08-20
Age : 41
Location : Harrison OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 am

Makari wrote:
Starting July 30th and ending Aug 30th.

Register on CAG (www.513CAG.com) or the Hyde Park Gamesworkshop Facebook Page.

Entry Fee: is Free!!!

Before Aug 30th you must Play 5 different People.

The Rules:

1,000 Points. Max

You do not have to have the same army for all 5 games. You could play Orks 1 game, Marines a next followed by necrons etc...

All Current Codices allowed. Any units marked/stamped Approved by GW/ Forgeworld Allowed!

Standard Force Organization Chart

You must Select your army list before you know what army you are playing. I suggest when your opponent shows up you hand a copy of your list to the Judge and he do the same to prevent any possible shennaigans...

Games are suggested to be played at the Hyde Park Gamesworkshop store, or any of the participating stores to be listed here soon. I will make a list of Judges that can judge a game or oversee the game if it is played at a different location. Results must be turned in right away to the judge and Battle reports to be posted on CAG forum or Facebook GW Hyde Park with in 5 days of playing

After 5 games the winner will be determined by the following critieria:

1.Wins/Losses/Draws- Who ever has the most Wins will win the Event. If multiple People are undefeated then proceed down the tie Breaker Criteria below. A win will be worth 3 Points, a Tie will be Worth 2 Points, A loss is worth 0 Points in determining W/L/D. These points are only relavent for w/l/d calculations and for Strength of schedule points.

2. Victory Points- The Victory Points earned from the missions from the main rule book will be recorded to determine tie breakers.

3. Strength of Schedule- This will be calculated by taking into account your opponents Win/Loss records. and comparing against everyone elses for tie breaker purposes.

4.Margin of Victories- How Badly or Close were you defeating your opponents.

5. Coin Toss



Roll Randomly for Missions as standard. In 40K ignore "Purge the Alien" result.

Each person may play each mission only once, But if it is not possible to play with out doubling up on a mission it is permissable to replay Crusade in 40K or in fantasy the 1st mission.



A prize will be Given to the Winner of this Event and will be announced a week before it ends.

A few door Prizes will be drawn for all participants plus some bonus prizes. See below:

For every game you play that you write a Battle Report Either on Cincinnati Arsenal Gaming or Facebook for Hyde park Gamesworkshop. You will receive 3 Victory points (40K) or 200 Victory points (Fantasy) at the end of the event for determinng tie breakers. Also your name will be entered to win a special Prize only for those who write Battle Reports. Pictures (Minimum 5 Pics) with your Battle reports will earn an additional chance to win the special drawing Prize... Think Apoc or Monster... just a hint for the prize!!!

For every person you play that you never met before this event you will receive a chance at winning a Newcomer prize. The prize here is secret too! But useful to any Hobbyist!!!

Feel Free to contact me on CAG (www.513CAG.com)

VERY COOL IDEA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ
Captain
Captain


Posts : 2334
Join date : 2007-08-20
Age : 41
Location : Harrison OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

Count me in.....I have a list ready to role
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 am

I posted on GW, but count me in too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 am

Excellent thank you!

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Make sure you get your games in and give results to steve at GW!!!

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Now I got three games in last weekend when paul was there... These games count right? Where do we post our bat reps with pictures?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes those Games do Count. I would like for you to post the Battle Report and pics in the Battle Report section here on CAG. Steve would like for you to post to the GW Facebook too.

Thank you

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Just double checking... this is still going on right?

Haven't seen any reports posted (besides mine) and really don't know of anyone playing battles...

Before I use up precious time finishing these reports, I wanna make sure I am not wasting my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm

As long as I receive score sheets from at least 5 people then the prizes will be given out. So if you get 5 games in then you are good. I have some reports people are just shy to post battle reports.

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Makari wrote:
As long as I receive score sheets from at least 5 people then the prizes will be given out. So if you get 5 games in then you are good. I have some reports people are just shy to post battle reports.

I dunno. Do you know at least 5 people who are going to have 5 games in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 pm

5 people having played at least one game each...

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Makari wrote:
5 people having played at least one game each...

Sorry, didn't read that correctly. Well right now I have 3 games and two battle reports with pictures. May not do battle reports for the next two if I get my games in. I also played two new people so I am in for a
Lot of possible prizes lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:55 am

If I am reading the rules right... Isn't the winner supposed to be announced the week before it ends? As in this weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 am

Sorry, no.the prizes wil be announced

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 am

Sweet! Are all the prizes still going to be given out?

New comers

Battle reports with pics

Overall winner

Door prize

That's it right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 am

Huzza. Got five games in. Excited to hear what the prizes are today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Prizes will be announced tomorrow Aug 26th...

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
baltak
Neophyte


Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: tourney in cinci   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 pm

One week left everyone, who else is coming to play? I'm open tomorrow 12-6 and wednesday/thursday 1-8 so come on in and get your games in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 am

Prizes will be as follows:
1st Place overall: A $40 Box set or less of gamesworkshop product
Random Door Prize: Gamesday Captain Model
Newbie Prize: $15or less, Hobby tool or Paints

When turning in sheets for scoring please have the following information:
Both players Full Name with the army/allies used
The winner Clearly Marked
Victory Points Clearly Marked for both players.
Indicate if your opponent are friends, former strangers, or if either were a complete newbie!

the 1st place prize will be awarded as long as 5 people have reported results.
Random foor prize will be awarded if 10 or more participated.
Newbie Prize will be awarded if at least 2 newbies played and reported

Im looking forward to next months tourney which will include box Prizes!!!

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
baltak
Neophyte


Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: tourney   Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:30 am

Tournament is still open to getting some players in and you have untile thursday at 8pm to get games completed. My store will be open wednesday and thursday from 1-8pm to get your games in or they can be played at EGC so let's get more participants involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

So now there is no prize for battle reports with and without pictures?

As far as I know not a single game I have seen played has kept a score sheet or turned one in to Steve, who is the only judge since you didn't post an updated list of locations and judges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord


Posts : 3251
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 38
Location : Milford, OH

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:31 am

There are bonus points awarded for posting and doing battle reports. Also a random door prize for those who did. Steve@ gw hyde park, myself, and clint at egc are judges.
If you dont do a score.sheet how do I determine winner?

_________________
The footprints made in the sands of time are not made by sitting down... Unless your playing Warhammer WAAAGH!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 am

Makari wrote:
There are bonus points awarded for posting and doing battle reports. Also a random door prize for those who did. Steve@ gw hyde park, myself, and clint at egc are judges.
If you dont do a score.sheet how do I determine winner?

This is a quote from your original post.

"For every game you play that you write a Battle Report Either on Cincinnati Arsenal Gaming or Facebook for Hyde park Gamesworkshop. You will receive 3 Victory points (40K) or 200 Victory points (Fantasy) at the end of the event for determinng tie breakers. Also your name will be entered to win a special Prize only for those who write Battle Reports. Pictures (Minimum 5 Pics) with your Battle reports will earn an additional chance to win the special drawing Prize... Think Apoc or Monster... just a hint for the prize!!!"

Yet you did not list a prize in your post announcing prizes for doing battle reports/battle reports with pictures. So excuse me if there is a bit of confusion. Also, you never posted that you or Clint were judges in your initial post or update a post for participating stores.

As of this weekend, I know steve has not recieved a single score sheet (though I gave him my victory point totals).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makian
Neophyte


Posts : 34
Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:32 am

Sorry Sean, it appears you are changing the rules here at the end to benefit EGC players. I don't know if the turn out isn't what you want it or what but you can't just change the rules like that last minute. You should've updated the rules on your initial post... you've had ample opportunity to do so.

I am pulling out from this tournament. I don't want my results counted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!   Today at 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down
 
1,000 pts 40K/Fantasy Tourney In Cincy!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» tau 1k list tourney list
» Forza 3 F-Class Tourney - Track List & Results
» Final Fantasy X ~ The Return of Sin
» Warhammer Fantasy Rule Book Available Newport Games
» fantasy play

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Tournaments & Events-
Jump to: