A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

PHR Triton scheme input

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 am

I have some touch up left to do on this, but figured I'd get some thoughts on the scheme. I took a little inspiration from Tron, and if I end up liking it, my whole army will be this color scheme. Thoughts?

Sorry for the quality of the picture, just like the UCM stuff I've posted, I used my phone, as I didn't want to screw around with setting up the lightbox again this weekend.

A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:46 am

Seems like some pure white over the light blue in places could help it really look like it's glowing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am

I don't know if I've got the brush control to pull that off, unfortunately... Those vents and such are all tiny, and I had a hard enough time getting the blue paint into them. That's one of the bad things with this scale...

A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Bojesphob wrote:
I don't know if I've got the brush control to pull that off, unfortunately... Those vents and such are all tiny, and I had a hard enough time getting the blue paint into them. That's one of the bad things with this scale...

LOL! Yeah, I know what you mean. It's hard for me to judge the scale over the 'net, but I hear you about the brush control. Maybe a very thin "wash" would settle down in the crevasses? I'm totally guessing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 pm

It's 10mm scale, so that model is about a half in long, and the wingspan is about an inch. the largest of those vents is probably a 16th of an inch wide. I thought this was a good scale comparison:

I'm surprised I even have been able to get the results I've been able to so far, to be honest! But, I was looking forward to them cause I knew I would be challenged by them Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh wow, yeah it's tiny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:59 am

I got a stand of the PHR Immortals done along with one of the UCM Legionnaires on Saturday. This is the Tron inspired PHR Immortals! I took the photo with my camera phone, so it's a pretty crappy pic, but I do know that I like how they turned out Smile

Oh, and this first pic is a comparison of size, for anyone wondering how big these guys are.

And a bit closer up:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Nice Job!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Looking good.

I will say that FoW has really opened my eyes to what moving to a smaller scale opens up in terms of manuvering and vehicle rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok, some more updates for the PHR stuff Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 am

Love the hover/VTOL vehicle, very cool model!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PHR Triton scheme input   

Back to top Go down

PHR Triton scheme input
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1