CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cursed founding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 11:59 pm

I was tossing around the idea of making a small army based on one ofe the cursed founding chapters. The two specificaly that i was looking at doing were either the black dragons or flame falcons. I thought about legion of the damned as well but you cannot play them fluffily in regular 40k. At any rate, the old chapter approved book had rules for these, but they are long out of date and not by any stretch tournoment legal. I was thinking that a "counts as" chaos army is probably the way to go, or maybe blood angels which would fit alright for the black dragons.

Does anyone have any thoughts, recomendations or ideas?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptyMon Dec 24, 2007 1:50 am

counts as is definitely the way to go with these kinds of armies. Just restrict yourself... no demons etc. Very cool though, should challenge you from both a gaming and painting perspective.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 3:12 pm

For Flame Falcons, give everyone the mark of Tzeentch, cause they used to always get a 5+ cover, and that 5+ invuln. will probably be the closest thing you can get to that. And because of the flames, they could never ride in vehicles (except the cursed knights). The Black Dragons will be harder to do, cause only their Assault Squads got their special ability (which was similar to rending). Anyone got ideas for that?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Me and rob talked about it a bit last week. Both decided that Blood Angels would do a good job of representing the Black Dragons, the more mutated models using the death company rules.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 pm

That would work, especially if they were all given jump packs to fit the fluff better.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 12:00 pm

fo sho, should be a damn sweet project for rob.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 8:00 pm

i wam working out an army list, should have it posted in a day or so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cursed founding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cursed founding   cursed founding Empty

Back to top Go down

cursed founding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: