A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Upcoming Release Schedule rumor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 am

Dec:
No DA. Boo. Hiss. Eating crow again. Looks like what we can expect for Dec is a lot of Hobbit as expected, and I believe a little surprise is still in store.
There is an outside possibility of 2 terrain pieces and 3 flyers, but I'm really expecting these now to be in a spring wave.

Jan:
Daemons. Still on track. Vetock doing WFB and 40k books, but I havent had confirmation that the books are actually coming in Jan. Expect Greater Daemons in plastic, a couple new chariots, a new daemon engine, and a couple new characters (well...characters which have never received models) Word is the Daemons update will not be a huge overhaul to the current book. Expect few new units. But the new GD models are phenomenal, love every one of them, especially the new GUO. None of the new units are single system, everything is in both 40k and WFB now.

Feb:
Hobbit/LOTR are the biggest contendors right now.
Might be a splash month for 40k in the form of that missing flyers wave. Still trying to get more info on when it might see light of day.

March:
Rumors point to WoC Army book. But with all the new models coming in Nov, I'm not sure what is left to release with it.

April:
New rumored slot for DA now. Yes, I'm sorry, rumoring sucks, you get told a lot and its very difficult to sort out what is fit to pass on and what is not.
However, I am being told some of those rumored generic SM kits may get released along side the DA codex and DA specific models. So thats something promising.

May:
WFB model wave and army book. High Elves I'm being told.

June:
Nothing hard, rumors range from the flyer wave to Tau to new fortifications to the 40k supplement book (allies?)
Lead contendor is the Flyers if they dont get an earlier slot.

July:
Most likely slot for this rummored 40k supplement book.

Beyond that:
Tau and Eldar are the only codexes with some weight behind it to come late in the year I expect Tau following DA, and right now it does look like Eldar will follow Tau.

I should also add the 2nd Horus Heresy book from FW is being rumored to me to be late Spring/Early Summer.

Authors
Pretty sure we have Vetock doing CD, Ward on DA, Cruddace on Tau, Kelly on Eldar. FWIW

Digital Products
the digital release schedule I had was incorrect, I said it elsewhere way back in August. I was going off what I was told which was that WFB was not going to get any digital releases this year. A lot of work is going into these, more than just copying an existing codex into a PDF. A lot of it is done, and waiting on some new digital assets. There is a digital rulebook that I was told was to be released a week before the HB, then with the HB, then with the SB, and nothing has happened on that front...maddenly frustrating sometimes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

and GW wants to know why they lost my buisness......someday Tau......maybe before I die......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:12 am

Here's the latest on the Dark Robed Sons of Caliban - Dark Angels rumors in 3,2,1,...

Rumors via GWTilea

Deathwing (4 units in the codex)
Command Squad - 2 wounds like Paladins, WS5 BS5, Command Squad squad upgrades... can have attached Chaplain and/or Librarian. Very pricey.
Elite Squad - WS5 assault unit with mastercrafted weapons and special options
Troop squad - Standard DW squad, can have an attached Chaplain
Heavy Support Squad - BS5 dedicated ranged squad - no assault weapons, more heavy heavy weapons - AP3 Stormbolters.

Ravenwing (4 units in the codex)
Command Squad WS5 A2, all members can buy sergeant upgrades, unit has command squad upgrade options.
Troop Squad - 3-10 bikes, 0-1 Attack bike, gains Ravenwing special rules and options.
Fast Attack Squad - 1-5 Attack Bike squadron, can split into 2 units
Land Speeder Squadron - 1-5 Speeders with access to standard equipment, can split into 2 units

Odds & Ends
New Dreadnought type - Terminator options.

Large flyer - transport capacity: 20 (or 10 terminators)

Chaplains can deploy singly, or join units like Sanguinary Priests.

Codex should be out between february and april...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

It turns out there is more out there regarding those latest set of Dark Angels rumors...

Rumor followups courtesy of Stickmonkey

Deathwing

Honor Guard Terminator squad unlocked by select HQs (Belial - others???). One such unit per HQ, only one may carry a Chapter Banner. Other banners exist however. Models are W:2 WS/BS:5 Non-scoring. Can take Apothecary.

Elite Terminators are W:1, WS/BS:5. Unit has new CC options neverbefore seen on termys. Unit size max of 5. Vanguard Strike upon Deepstriking!

Troops Terminators are standard DW. Sergeant may upgrade to to Chaplain. Can take new options such as Plasma Cannon. Up to 10 models per unit. No more Cyclone/CC option on single models. Mix of CC and Ranged models still permitted withing unit.

Ravenwing

RW Command Squad is only unlocked by select HQ characters. One banner option for RW. No apothecary for RW, with a "Mini-Chaplain" upgrade instead. This option provide a Litanies buff his unit only.

Troop RW squad matches the current RW bike squad, minus the Speeder.

RW Attack Bikes - plasma gunner option
RW Land Speeders - plasma gunner option

Back to top Go down
View user profile
yrddraiggoch
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 pm

HURRAH!!!

I am offiically a happy, but soon to be very poor, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Rumors courtesy of Stickmonkey

TROOPS:
Deathwing Terminators - Same general layout as we have now, but with additional Plasma Cannon and Autocannon heavy weapon options.

Tactical Squads - The old classics we all love, moving on...

Ravenwing Bike Squad - Up to ten bikers, for each 5 bikes, you may upgrade one to an Attack bike. Attack bike gunner options are: HB, MM, HF, Twin-linked Plasmagun!. Squad can Combat Squad and has Teleport Homers.

FAST ATTACK:

Ravenwing Landspeeder Support Squad - Same as now, but gunner option are: HB, MM, HF, Twin-linked Plasmagun!

Ravenwing Bike Support Squad - Full Attack Bike unit (this might also be a duplicate report of the TROOPS Bike Squad)

Assault Squad - Same old classic jump-pack squad we have now.

Ravenclaw Air Superiority Fighter - Dual "Reaper Cannons" allowing Snap Shots on flyers. Can be replaced with 2x Missiles, or 2x Plasma Cannons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 am

hmmmm.......at this rate, who needs Tau anyway.....these guys are sounded sexy.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:32 am

More stuff! Smile

Some news is shaking loose regarding Orks and Eldar upcoming models. Here we go!

via Stickmonkey

Eldar Miniatures (alongside the codex)
Farseer
2 Aspect Characters
2 other characters (Either HQs or Unit Upgrade characters)
New Aspect (plastic)
Wraithguard (plastic)
New Eldar tank
New Eldar Bomber

Eldar Miniatures (outside the codex)
New Flyer
Guardian Jetbikes - Shining Spears combo-box
2 existing Aspects moved to plastic
Avatar (new model, bigger than a Dreadnought)
Warp Gate (Terrain kit)

Ork Miniatures (alongside the codex)
New Weirdboy
Wazdakka
MegaNobs - Tellyportas combo-kit
CybOrks
Grot Gliders - (very odd one, a 40K version of WFB Doomdivers?)
Mega Mork/Gork - (your guess is as good as mine)

Ork Miniatures (outside the codex)
New Buggy - Half-track
DeffCoptas
Flashgits - Tankbustas plastic combo-kit

We've been hearing of Eldar coming in mid 2013 for a while, talk of Orks is new. That Warpgate is yet another confirming hint towards continued terrain kits coming down the pipe for the various races.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Release Schedule rumor   Today at 3:23 am

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Release Schedule rumor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1