CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PHR WIP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Well here's my first Neptune completed. I'm pretty happy with it...It wil have that "Blend in the sky" feel and I wanted to do like an ice/snow feel to them.

PHR WIP 20121114_174156
PHR WIP 20121114_174102
PHR WIP 20121114_174122
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:44 pm

man I hate it when you see things you missed cuz of high quality photos...lol
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:04 am

Dude looks good!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am

thanks brother......this scale is really hard to paint with fat fingers and poor eye sight.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:22 pm

I hear you on that, CJ LOL I definitely like the scheme! One minor thing: when you put the blue on, you may want to put one more coat of watered down base color on it. There are a couple of points where it looks like your primer (white, I presume?) is showing through some of the brush strokes. Definitely not a big issue, not criticizing, just critiquing Smile. Still, very cool!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm

You talking on the Front hull and up from the middle to the back? Nope....it's on purpose....I used army painters Crystal Blue Primer......The effect is suppsed to make it look like it will blend in the sky and through the clouds.
That's actual white paint dry brushed last in that spot

After the initial base was put on...I used Teclis blue dry brushed and touch ups since it's almost dead on.....then highlighted with dry brush on the entire model with Lothern blue and then plain ole white Reaper on those few sections.

The metal is old GW mitheral for the fans and spots seen.....dry brushed the entire model with blue ink really watered down......Some scorch metal for the vents and fans.....followed by a dry brush for the fans with watered down scorch metal and the dry brushed really watered down baddab black I had left over to pull shadows just a bit.

Blood red for the lights with snot green on the front......meh.....about 4 hours total from build to finish. I have a few touch ups I did after seeing these pics before I will seal.

Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Ah, ok. I think the glare from the flash threw me off. I can see the dry brush now that you mention it.
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 am

Looks great Corky.

Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm

jgemrich wrote:
Looks great Corky.

Thanks G! Can't wait to see some of your Shaltari....you interested in possibly a few games?
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 am

CJ wrote:
jgemrich wrote:
Looks great Corky.

Thanks G! Can't wait to see some of your Shaltari....you interested in possibly a few games?

I'd be interested in giving the game a go. I switched up my shaltari scheme to be closer to the studio but hopefully with less work. Where are you/others playing?

PHR WIP 2012-11-20_05-07-35_257-L
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

jgemrich wrote:
CJ wrote:
jgemrich wrote:
Looks great Corky.

I'd be interested in giving the game a go. I switched up my shaltari scheme to be closer to the studio but hopefully with less work. Where are you/others playing?

PHR WIP 2012-11-20_05-07-35_257-L

No place yet. I know Joe is working on a table. It comes down to making sure we got plenty of terrain. I just bought a bunch of Card stock and now that I have 80% f my PHR together and primed, I'm good for 1200 pts games to about 1500 pt games. So even anything under than that....I'm good.

I wouldn't mind a few 500-1000 pt games to just get the mechanics down.

OH....and yeah.....LOVE that sunburst color on your models!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Yeah, eventually I will have a table that I can use, but at the moment, I've got 2 decent sized painting commissions that are taking up my time until the end of the year, and I need to have my basement cleaned out before I would even start building, and that's going to require a bit of work, it doesn't look like I'll have any space in the near future available. I'd love to get in some games though sometime soon! I know Clint at EGC has some PHR, and the buildings printed out, and kainthedragoonx over at AoW has some stuff too.

Knowing that Hawk will be releasing some resin buildings makes me want to wait to work on the board, only because I know I'll be wanting to get a number of buildings from them lol I also have been looking at picking up some skyscrapers from n-scale model railroading companies like Tomix, Greenmax, etc., though those are pretty expensive too.
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

What is a standard table size for the game.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 pm

4'x4', I believe, is minimum. I think you can have larger than that, though, I still haven't sat down and just read the entire rulebook yet.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Bojesphob wrote:
4'x4', I believe, is minimum. I think you can have larger than that, though, I still haven't sat down and just read the entire rulebook yet.

Slacker!!!

And yeah 4x4 it is...and you want it as urban as possible to really get the effect of the game. My table is oval but its pretty close to 4x4. I'm starting with printing roads for now first. Buildings will come next but I'm with joe. I'm going to buy into the building and PRAY they aren't too expensive. f not Card stock buildings it is for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PHR WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHR WIP   PHR WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

PHR WIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Other Wargames :: Dropzone Commander-
Jump to: