CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orks, Orks, Orks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes I said ORKS!!! They are some ways off, but the first round of 40K 6th Greenskin rumors are snaking their way to us.

Here's the first set, said to be some ways off and early test versions...

NEW HQs
"Grot Boss" Grot with a stateline of a Ork Boy, but higher BS. Equipped with a nice kustom-mega-shoota as an option. Can also get a Buggy or take a Killa-kan as a transport/upgrade

"Da Crew"  An HQ unit of even bigger Nobs. They have odd LoS modifications, One Nob must be nominated as "Da Boss", and if Da Boss is killed, one of Da Crew is promoted.  This interacts in some new way with "Kill the Warlord" victory conditions, and is effectively an entire "warlord unit".

NEW UNITS
Grot Whirlybird:  Rotored transport: Capacity 20 Grots. They get dumped on the battlefield roughly from the Whirlybird taking a mandatory DT test, and cause mayhem if they fall atop another unit.

Grots Buggys: Similar to Nob Bikers, but are buggies with Grots on the back and Orks behind the wheel! Drive-by attacks. Highly likely this will be an "alternate unit" for a buggy combo-unit box.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 am

Grot stuff coming at you!

Here is a nice bit defining what a Grot Whirlybird is, and what it does. This comes to us from a different source than what we read earlier this morning. So definitely something is being worked on along these lines.

Check this out, and please remember that rumors are rumors, salt is always required. These are early rumors.

via an anonymous source (different source than this morning)
Grot Whirlybird -
*Looks like a old Vietname War Hellicopter, big bulged bubble cockpit/body, skinny tail boom.
*About twice as big as the ork DefKoptas. Concept is the doors of the main body open on the
bottom like an old bomber to drop the Grots on to the battlefield.
*Cannot carry Orks or Bulky/Very Bulky models.
*Can drop Grots at any point along path travelled in movement phase only if not Zooming.
*Placement like deepstrike, but scatter is reduced if hovering.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 pm

WAAAGH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
baltak
Neophyte

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 am

Things like that will empty my wallet depressingly quickly. Here's to hoping they come out around xmas time lol =).
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 am

As far as I am concerned, they could just use the Imperial Armor stuff from IA8 and we would be fine.

Armor 11 Bigtraxx Trucks
SupaCannons, SupaScorchas & Lifta-Droppas (to make BWs into better tanks)
Grot-guided Missiles
Mega Dread (OUR big walker)
Mekboy 'Junka' trucks
Flakk Truxx (in squadrons) and various Gun Trucks
Squig MC Transports (!!)
Transport Helicopters

Clean up Flash Gits & Tankbusters and give our Psycher some dependable powers and I am good to go.

Our codex is still OK, we are just losing the arms race to newer books that have big guns and newer tech. Mybiggest fear is that our new book will have too much 'random' effects cr@%. That stuff is fun & Orky to a point - but it is hard to have any strategy at all if there are too many random elements in the army (If your looted tanks, psycher and big guns have a 1-6 chance of failure each round, that's just not fun). I really want some BIG cannons (Orks would have those as a priority) Grot Missiles and BigSquigs!
Back to top Go down
baltak
Neophyte

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Some people don't like Forge World models and there was a discussion on that issue. I have some of the Grot Bomm Launchers but a lot of people say they are undercosted and won't play with those units. It opens a can of worms I hope they address in the next codex and allow those units to be incorporated into regular armies so people can't complain about the use of these fun units.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Yeah, FW is mostly good for friendly games, but that is what I play (when I get to!!).

Some of the stuff is over the top. A lot of this Ork IA stuff is not - it is just nuts & bolts stuff: A big cannon that works and has range, a missile that hits, AP3 weapons, just stuff Orks don't have. It's not a big deal - I am a fan of the Ork Dex as-is -- until there are 3 MC walkers that can teleport and throw flamer templates all over the board, fliers that heal, (stuff like that) and you realize you may need a little boost in firepower... some of this stuff would help.

I am building some grot bombs this weeekend - so they are going into the arsenal!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Changes I'd like to see in the new Ork Dex:
Warpheads and weirdboyz moved to elite Never ever should be in HQ they are not leaders...

Mek Boy nobz in EL if they take a shokk attack gun then they are HS

Painboyz in EL 3 for 1 slot like blood Angels.

Bring Back the snackbite Clan and bring Boar boyz back!!!

Cheaper orks larger mob units

The ability to take looted vehicles from other Codices (like they used to be able to) Ie can take a Landraider from the Space MArine dex pay full price but lose power of the machine and BS is = to Orks. No restrictions on which dex which vehicles they can take...

All orks get a deny the witch roll as if they were a psyker not grots,

I would be ok with a animosity check for mobs over "x" amount or close to another mob of "X" size.

Green tide type option with less actuall options for the unit other than sheer numbers and a warboss leading.

Grot Tanks!

Different psyker abilities Mork Gork and Bork

Just saying these would be cool!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
baltak
Neophyte

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 pm

ummm grot tanks would be AWESOME! IA has some good rules for grot tanks. I think it would be interesting to see what they come up with for new toys. For the grot launchers the way i did it easy was use the ork war trakk models and use some fantasy edgers and a few Hobbytown WWII rockets and a box of grots i didn't put on on bases. It isn't cheap and there are other conversion options out there but this one takes less than 10 mins. per model so up to you the modeller. Good luck and here is to hoping huge numbers of ork toyz are coming soon, my wallet is ready.

bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orks, Orks, Orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks, Orks, Orks   Orks, Orks, Orks Empty

Back to top Go down

Orks, Orks, Orks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: