CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a Game Master

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanB
Neophyte

Looking for a Game Master Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Game Master   Looking for a Game Master EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:42 am

I’m looking for a Dungeon Master and/or Game Master to head up a narrative campaign, with the possibility of some compensation. This will be an unusual request, so please bear with me while I explain.

The game this will focus on is not a Roleplaying Game, but a tabletop miniatures game called Warhammer 40k (a short description of the game system is at the bottom of this post). The GM in question will be responsible for creating the background story for the campaign, updating bi-weekly results for the players, and creating the narrative as the campaign moves forward. You would not have to be physically present to do any of this (though you can if you want to). All of it can be done through email.

I have some limited experience with pen-and-paper Roleplaying Games, and I think this would be a very similar experience to what a Game Master does, which is why I am searching for people who have the RPG experience. In essence, you would be helping to create a story that the players would act out, and the results of which you would use to help tell a narrative. I’ve tried several times to do this type of Narrative Campaign with the 40k system, but each time it has failed because we did not have a dedicated organizer to keep the narrative moving along.

So, what I’m thinking is that I could find someone who enjoys running campaigns in an RPG setting and see if that translates to the 40k system. I would charge $10 per person to join the campaign, all of which would go to the Game Master. I would probably start small to see how it goes at first, say 4 or 6 of my friends. I can provide you with any of the necessary narrative and/or background information you would need to create the story.

I would also prefer it if the GM was familiar with the rules for the game. You would not have to know every detail, but a basic understanding would be helpful. I can provide the rules for the game as well.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or you know someone who might be interested in doing this, leave a reply here or send me a private message and I will exchange contact information with you.

-Dan

Summary of Warhammer 40,000 game system:

Warhammer 40,000 (informally known as Warhammer 40K, WH40K or simply 40K) is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a dystopian science-fantasy universe.

Warhammer 40,000's space-fantasy setting spans a vast fictional universe set in the far future of the forty-first millennium. Its various factions and races include the Imperium of Man, a decentralized yet totalitarian interstellar empire that has ruled the vast majority of humanity for millennia, the Orks (similar to Warhammer Fantasy Orcs), the Eldar (similar to Elves in Warhammer Fantasy Battle), and Daemons (very similar in both universes, although the precise natures of their creation and existence vary slightly), among others.

For a more detailed description, check on the 40k Wikipedia page, under the Background section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
Back to top Go down

Looking for a Game Master
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Role Playing Games-
Jump to: