CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterRabbi
Neophyte
MasterRabbi

paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade Empty
PostSubject: Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade   paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 am

Traded a few models with my friend to paint.  I'm painting 2 Deathstalkers from his Legion army and he's painting the Wolves of Orboros UA and Standard.

paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade DeathStalker1

I really enjoyed the trade, always liked the Legion infantry, especially the Striders.  I brought the skin up really light to be closer to his beast's almost pure white, and the blue metallic came out better than I thought it would.  Tried making a snow mixture for the first time, and it was ok on the base, but went a little crazy on putting it on the model.  Mainly the large cloak piece, where it went on streaky and really, after considering it, takes away from the motion.

On the next one I did the snow on the base already, but will not by putting it on the model.  Might change the armor up a little, and think I'm going to go for gray hair rather than the very light blonde here.
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PostSubject: Re: Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade   paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 am

Nice model. Love the snow base. Probably a bigger fan of this than some of your Circle models. Not sure why but keep up the work.
Back to top Go down
MasterRabbi
Neophyte
MasterRabbi

PostSubject: Re: Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade   paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:23 am

paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade Deathstalker2

The second Deathstalker.  I inverted the colors to Neil Adam's 90's Batman, with an attempt on studded leather for the armor.  This model seemed to have come out really well, and didn't take too long.  Not entirely happy with the sword and bow, tried for the bone I did on teeth before, but I think the texture needs to be different to make the eye say 'bone' right away.  Any leads on good bone weapons or schemes let me know, will need it for the Tharn.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade   paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Not bad for an elf... I dislike elves... But very cool paint job and I like the Batman theme colors.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade   paint - Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade Empty

Back to top Go down

Legion Strider Deathstalker paint trade
Page 1 of 1