CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRev709
Neophyte

Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon Empty
PostSubject: Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon   Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Met a few of you guys at Cincy ComicCon last weekend. Long story short my friend, brother, and I are interested in trying to get into Warhammer 40k.

If you guys wouldn't mind letting me know where to play around Cinci where we can stop by to learn more that would be awesome.

Otherwise, heres a bit about me: Been living in Cinci (actually I'm in Mason) for a year, moved here from Lexington, Kentucky. But fear not, I'm a Cardinal fan as I'm originally from Louisville. I work in environmental health and safety in the manufacturing industry.

I've always loved playing strategic board games like Axis and Allies and Risk, but nothing serious. Otherwise I play a lot of PC games and Airsoft on the weekends. Steam community ID is TheRev709 and JTP709 on airsoftohio.com.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon   Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 am

Welcome to the boards Smile I believe most games can be caught over at Eastside Games and Cards (referred to as EGC by most). Anyhow, Sean (makari) is good for helping you set up games and learning 40k, and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you guys get started.
Back to top Go down
QCG
Neophyte
QCG

PostSubject: Re: Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon   Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:12 am

Welcome:  
 I'm John and a Mason'ite' as well.

I play/paint periodically.   Nostalgia Ink is local and off tylersville road and has a good selection of GW products but only open until 8-9 a couple days a week (with kids..etc..tough for me to game there although I buy product there).

I split time playing at a number of different stores (mainly those with later hours than Nostalgia)

Art of War - about 35 min from Mason (more than likely) Open Mid - Fri/Sat
Epic Loot (Centerville) - about 25 min from me *but I'm on far end of Mason. open Mid on Fri/Sat
Yottaquest - about 30 min from Mason in Mt Healthy - open to mid on Fri/Sat
Eastside - about 25 min from Mason in Milford. open mid Fri/Sat (maybe later).

I also throw down in my basement and can supply an extra army.   I'd classify my 40K expertise as "fun".  Meaning I know just enough to F' up the rules in most cases.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon   Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey man and Welcome to the boards. Just an FYI we are on Facebook as well. I will be at EGC tonight for Boardgame night if you wanna come and check it out and possibly get a game in. If you love strategy board games I have some awesome games for you to try!

as far as 40K goes I tonight might be rough with the boardgamers there but still possible if the turnout is light. I know a few guys bring or have there minis there at the store. I keep Orks, Space Marines, and Demons at the Store to e able to play!

I'm glad you checked us out and Came to Cincy ComiCon it was a blast can't wait for next year!!!!

The CAG Sponsor Stores are Nostalgia Ink (Closest), EGC, Epic Loot, and Up, Up, and Away. Any of these stores will be able to take care of you for your needs and Player base. UU&A will need a heads up as they don't keep a permanent table up for gaming. Nostalgia, EGC, and Epic have plenty of gaming space and we run or will be running tournaments at these locations in the near future. Including Painting Workshops, and hobby skills classes.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon   Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey met you guys at Cincy ComicCon
Page 1 of 1