CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best written fluff

Go down 
+2
Matt
Tyler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler
Neophyte

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 6:10 pm

what army do u think has the most creative and well thought out fluff? just to get a new debatable topic started lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaosmarine195
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Hmm, I've always liked Eldar fluff. It's very epic.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Most Creative: Dark Eldar
Most thought out: Anything from the Imperium. Soooo much useless information. I love fluff.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah the Imperial fluff definitely has depth covered.
Back to top Go down
Preter
Neophyte
Preter

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:44 am

Most Creative: I rather surprised even myself with this but I also agree the dark eldar. Unlike what someone wrote earlier they are not a separate Old One's race but rather the surviving eldar who were not on the then frontier craftworlds at the time of the fall. They are the descendants of the decadent eldar that caused the fall but were not prepared like the craftworlds (during the days of the Eldar empire the craftworlds were seen as being much akin to say mormons awaiting the apocaplyse due to their conservative lifestyles and naysaying of the future) so were thus left without soul stones or the like when the fall did hit. Possessing the bright soul of the eldar is both a curse and a blessing for them as they have the potential to live indefinately (granted they consume enough souls) but know that if that supply ever runs out their souls get consumed for eternity by Slaanesh, who they revile as much as craftworld eldar but are ultimately helpless against since they lack soulstones. It makes for a very cannabalistic and predatory society that if not for the crappy models would be very cool. In order for them to escape The Great Enemy they have to become like little slanneshes themselves... very interesting.

Most thought out - Space Marines, no duh. I have to say though fluff wise the imperium's mix of dark age gothic, twentieth century fascism, and techno mysticism is one of the most well done dystopia in gaming literature.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Quote :
I have to say though fluff wise the imperium's mix of dark age gothic, twentieth century fascism, and techno mysticism is one of the most well done dystopia in gaming literature.

Agree completely on this one. Feels very different than other universes
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 3:21 pm

also dark eldar simply add to the eldar makeing the cool fluf (eldar) to awsome (dark eldar)
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Well said Mack.
Back to top Go down
cowbomber
Neophyte
cowbomber

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:00 pm

orks alien have the best and most comical fluff ever
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 3:40 pm

It's less comical these days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

best written fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: best written fluff   best written fluff Empty

Back to top Go down

best written fluff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: