CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

J.J comments from Warpcon

Go down 
+3
FrostWolf
JMarv
Matt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

J.J comments from Warpcon Empty
PostSubject: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 4:20 am

from the BoLS

Quote :
Liber Apocalypica
April among other things will see the release of Liber Apocalyptica, which deals with different sections of existing armies, then creates Apocalypse Datasheets for them. First up is Chaos with the Emperor's Children Noise Marines. It's going to be a White Dwarf segment. The April edition contains a datasheet for an Emperor's Children Warband, with lots of juicy sonic weapons.

Traitor Legions
There are plans in place to implement the Chaos Legions in 40k. That means codex's for Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Death Guard etc...bear in mind this is pretty long run stuff (2 years +). Chaos legions WILL be getting a full codex. His exact words were "if we're going to do things, we're going to do them right."

Other Codices
Dark Eldar are HIGH on the list guys. Alien hunters isn't on the radar, since the focus is on updating current army lists rather than starting new ones. This means Dark Eldar, Guard and Space Wolf players are going to be happy. Jes Goodwin is already throwing around some concepts for Dark Eldar plastics.

A new Imperial Guard codex is being talked about.

A Space Wolf codex is high on the priority list, and he revealed they're among his favourite chapters, purely because they actually care about the civilians, they're the good guys as he put it.

There's not going to be much in the way of Lost And The Damned as Jervis feels they're covered already and more suited to Apocalypse as it is.

Sorry for you Armoured Company guys, Jervis mentioned when I asked that they'd be ridiculously hard to manage balance wise, but they're throwing around the idea of giving Guard maybe 4 Heavy Support slots. He first said 6 and then when my eyes widened in shock he laughed and shrugged, "Well maybe 4...". He feels Armoured Company are better off in Apocalypse, and he might do a datasheet on them for it, but as far as 40K it doesn't look good.

Thoughts on the CSM Codex
The idea behind the Chaos legions is that he felt that the last book tried to cover every aspect of the Chaos forces, and did it badly. The way he saw Chaos was as this huge amalgamation of different forces serving the Dark Gods, each deserving their own army book.

The current Chaos codex is meant to represent renegade marines, not necessarily the ancient 10,000 year old servants of Chaos. He felt that while splitting up the different aspects of Chaos into their separate sections while at first painful (as shown by the displeasure at the recent codex) will, in the long run, do each component part more justice than a small 20-30 page footnote in an army book.

Basically Jervis sort of apologized for the Chaos codex. He said they regret not letting Chaos guys in on what the big picture was, and he feels they probably should have pushed that angle a little more (hindsight is always 20/20 though...).

Misc. Items
He wants to release a book of scenarios for 40k as he feels most of the complaints from people come from the fact that there are a limited amount of scenarios and mission types, and people can tailor their armies to excel in those limited confines, and as such win more easily. He feels a more varied approach to missions and scenarios might help to balance the game, rather than a more kill things and have more scoring units than your opponent approach.

Jervis revealed (and I can quote him on this) that Cypher is "absolutely NOT a Chaos Space Marine". The way he envisioned Cypher is as an avatar of redemption, that in some sense the fallen Dark Angels are the good guys, as they see their mistakes and learned from it, but the Dark Angels simply can't see past it, and instead decide to kill things to solve the problem. He also said that Cypher is not entirely human (or super human as the case may be) anymore due to the rend in reality that shattered Caliban, casting the fallen angels through space and time. He said there's a mystical aspect to his character. He also explained a lot of where he got the idea from, a Clint Eastwood movie called High Plains Drifter was his main inspiration.

Also Void Dragon fans don't hold your breath. I asked him if we're going to learn any more about it and it was the only question I asked to which he replied he has no idea.

Well, just about all of that gets me all giddy with excitement.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 9:21 am

Straight up. I'm excited. Go Space Wolf Codex, keep the 13th Company
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 am

I hope they add 13th directly into the space wolf codex that would be nice. wonder what all they will do to it besides simple updates to match the space marine codex...the rest guess we will see.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 9:41 am

I've also heard that space wolves are expected to be featured heavily in the planetstrike thingy. Probably due to their reliance on drop pods since they won't ever teleport. I kinda feel bad for the chaos people since most of the chaos players were legion players and now they kinda get stuck for a while. I am also glad that armored company will be gone from tourney type lists, it just wasn't fun for that and apocalypse lets the treadheads go wild now.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 am

I agree on the armored company, and Its nice that the legions will be comeing back, I was tired of people complaining about it after the 1st day I heard it. The extra heavy spot on IG will be nice if I ever get my IG army started.
Back to top Go down
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:22 pm

dude better be sorry for what they did to chaos. i never play my chaos army now.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm

mike, why not? my buddy just started playing chaos and likes it a lot... did they change for the worse?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 4:16 pm

From what I have seen not really, people who played it before miss the old flexability it had and the overpowering you could do to units. That being said you can still see a lot of those things in the currently codex from the few battles I have fought aganist them(sadly like 3 total since the new codex came out) also they miss the 4 choas gods split off you used to have
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 5:24 pm

People also miss being able to play pure legion armies.

Mike, best get used to it, Death Guard are as they are for now.. besides, they didn't get that much worse (much better in some ways).

Had you played a lot with them before the newest dex?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 pm

A lot of people seem to have the problem of them being gone as why they dont play even though they can still use some of the armies almost exactly the same way. I didnt have much of that problem myself when they killed the blood angel codex not sure why all the choas players comaplian about it so much.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Once you are with this hobby long enough, you will realize change is part of the gig.

Besides, legions are coming. The four god legions may not be getting their own books, but codex demons is coming and we already have most of the stuff we used to in the current CSM book.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm just glad Cypher's coming back. He is probably my favorite character in the game.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 9:19 pm

I wonder in what book though.

Plus, after a quick re-read... he doesn't really state that he is coming back.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 pm

I did always like that he had a bolt pistol and a plasma pistol and that he could fire both. Two bolter shots + two plasma shots in a shooting phase is pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 am

Honestly guys the Legions really did not suffer overall...

Night Lords Still take multiple Raptors.

Word Bearers Still have all the daemons you want.

Alpha Legion Takes biggest hit with no Cultists or Infiltration.

Iron Warriors Lost only what was ridiculous anyways in 4th HS

Overall, the benefits outweigh the losses...

Terminators - point for point a helluvan improvement
Raptors - point for point a helluvan improvement
Obliterators - each Legion now has access to multiple units
Vindicators - each Legion now has access to multiple units
Rhino APC - cheap as chips and will get better in 5th
Chaos Space Marine - you cannot overlook their tactical gold now
Double Plasma - retained the ability to have 2 Special Weapons
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:47 am

Agreed Marc. Shame the alpha legion took a hit, but most people that still run them fluffy proxy with a loyalist list anyway.

And we all know IW were lumps of stilton anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.J comments from Warpcon   J.J comments from Warpcon Empty

Back to top Go down

J.J comments from Warpcon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: