CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Techmarine fluff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 8:33 pm

What do you guys think a techmarine would do if an Astartes chapter came in conflict with the Adeptus Mechanicus? Would he follow his original oath of loyalty to his chapter, or follow the Mechanicus cult?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 pm

Most would side with the legion.

Some may choose to side with the Adeptus Mechanicus. But very few.

They are only trained on Mars for 30 years. Whereas they fight and bleed with their chapter for hundreds.

my 2 cents

EDIT: Really good topic btw, we need more stuff like this. The fluff is the best part of the game imo, nice to see others interested in it!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Reason I asked the question:

In almost all of the "accepted" fluffy books I have read, techmarines are very aloof and apart from their home chapter. Dark Angels for instance, thier techmarines only have knowledge up to what they need to know b/c the Inner Circle is afraid that secrets will reach the Mechanicus.

Other than that, I was reading a book and wondered, if a company of SM's get lost in the warp, but thier gellar field is still intact, will a Techmarine teach what he knows to scouts or something to preserve the knowledge?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 10:45 pm

I'm not sure that this would even matter, as I believe it is the ships crew that maintain the gellar field. Not the techmarine.

I'm sure he would pass on knowledge if they were lost in the warp though. Most marine chapters that become 'lost' let go of traditional law etc. They are more about survivability.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Dennis
Neophyte
Dennis

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 8:58 am

in reading some of the books i am with matt on that one, the would side with their chapter..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Techmarine fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techmarine fluff   Techmarine fluff Empty

Back to top Go down

Techmarine fluff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Fluff Discussion-
Jump to: